Peeling skin on the head of an adult: what to do
Causes of peeling skin on the head and treatments
Great aesthetic and dermatological problem is experienced by those people who have skin peeling on the head. Not a pretty picture is often a consequence of exposure to the dermis of the head of the external factors or internal failures in the systems of the body. However, often the symptoms of peeling on the head caused by fungal diseases. Why dandruff is formed on scalp and how to deal with it, are described below.
- The causes flaking of the scalp
- Treatment peeling scalp
- Folk remedies
The causes flaking of the scalp
You should know that the normal peeling process on the head of healthy person is constantly happening. But in the normal course, we almost don’t notice this. This process is called cell renewal of the epidermis. As the example of babies first year of life, which is strongly rejected by the cells of the epidermis of the head and form new ones. Adults, of course, this reinforced the process of separation of old cells is already evidence of pathology. Consider possible fungal disease that can cause skin peeling on the head:
- Seborrheic dermatitis. In this case the person is not only increased desquamation of the dermis, but the formation of red sore spots on the scalp. The spots itch and itch. This pathology provokes unbalanced sebaceous glands of the scalp. When such changes occur the process of a violation of saloobrazovanie and fundamentally changing the composition of the sebaceous secretion. In this case the resulting dandruff can be dry, combination or oily depending on the skin type of the person.
Important: if seborrheic dermatitis is left untreated, in a short time, pathologists will take a large scale and then with the disease is not easy to deal with.
- The Fungus Malassezia. When this pathology of the individual on the surface of the scalp are formed of a transparent flakes. Thus localized, they are not Islands, and are located throughout the surface of the scalp, which may indicate activation of the growth of the fungus Malassezia. That is, it was created favorable conditions.
- Psoriasis. Dermatological skin disease in which excessive growth and active cell renewal of the epidermis is accelerated at times and takes 2-3 weeks instead of 4-5 days. This is at the initial stage of disease in patients with psoriasis noted the peeling off-white or steel-coloured scales. Soon, under such inflammation formed plaque with bleeding on the type of the drops of dew.
- Ringworm. Disease, the carrier of which are animals and little children playing with infected animals. At the very beginning of pathology at the surface of the epidermis of the head are localized scaly patches, which subsequently form clearly defined pockets. In these places the hair begins to break down, and replaced with a gray patina.
- Eczema. Dermatologic diseases of the scalp, caused by exposure of the skin to aggressive funds. Often these are components of cosmetics for hair. Process pathology begins with mild peeling on the head and then goes into the process of formation of highly inflamed and itchy spots. On their surface can be located vesicles (pimples) with liquid contents.
It is understood that if the peeling process on the head was triggered by the fungus, favorable factors will likely have:
- Mycosis of a smooth skin;
- Stay on in the hot conditions of high humidity or dust;
- Violation of metabolic processes;
- The presence of chronic or autoimmune diseases;
- Contact with infected fungus people;
- Using other people’s personal hygiene items.
In addition, we should not lose sight of the «negribkovoy» possible causes of the pathology development. So, if the reader does not associate excessive flaking with «fungal» reasons and wants to understand why began to peel off the skin on the head, the reasons can be:
- Allergic reactions to the use of properly selected cosmetic products;
- Frequent and too much use of heating devices for hair styling (hair dryer, irons, etc.);
- Reaction to the effects of the environment by climate change;
- Unbalanced diet and lack of vitamins and minerals;
- Hormonal failure;
- Constant stress;
- A sharp decline in immunity.
This is interesting: a cosmetic means as a balm/conditioner for hair is not intended for sensitive scalps. Many readers do not know and use the tool, rubbing it not only in hair but in skin. After enough thorough washing of the head components of the balm irritates the delicate dermis.
Treatment peeling scalp
In the case where the person does not know what to do if peeling skin on the head, the first thing is to go to a trichologist or even a dermatologist. The doctor will identify the true cause of the problem and prescribe appropriate treatment. If the problem is caused by rot fungi, in this case applied such a therapeutic strategy with use of therapeutic drugs:
- Medicated shampoos. They contain antifungal ingredients that retard the growth and reproduction of the fungus. In addition, medicated shampoos prevent hair loss and reduce itching. Apply anti-fungal shampoos can be no more than 3 times a week. The tool is applied to the hair and scalp with light massage movements and leave for 5 minutes. Then wash off with warm water. Great drugs in the fight against fungus Nizoral are, too bad, Miconazole.
Important: if the mind was formed versicolor, the shampoo from the fungus use the course for 5 consecutive days.
- Pasta «SULSENA». It is worth noting that the drug «SULSENA» is available in the form of shampoo, oil and pasta. Most effective is 2% paste. It gently and thoroughly rubbed into the scalp 2 times per week after shampooing and leave for 10 minutes. Then head thoroughly washed. You should know that 1% and SULSENA paste can be used as a prophylactic with the same frequency.
- Oil salicylic. This remedy softens fine scales on the scalp and gently removes them. Oil rubbed into the skin 2 times a week, washing it after 7-8 hours.
- Ointment Clotrimazole, Miconazol, etc. are Used in those cases, if the problem of peeling caused by ringworm. The course of treatment prescribed by your doctor.
- Vitamin complexes. To strengthen protective forces of an organism and shown to take multivitamin preparations. Popular Alphabet, Vitrum, etc.
Tip: if it is established that the appearance of dandruff caused care hair with lauryl sulfate in their structure, it is necessary to replace the usual shampoo in the shampoo and soap root based or other organic detergents.
Also, in addition to of drugs with the approval of the attending physician can be used and popular treatment method. Work well against peeling on the head of such home remedies:
- Olive oil. Mask for scalp-based nutrients oil perfectly soften the skin, causing scales well sloughed off and no longer appear. Oil should be slightly warmed to 40 degrees in a water bath. Then 5 tablespoons oil mixed with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and gently rubbed into the scalp for growth of hair roots. Mask leave for 20 minutes and then wash decoction of nettles. The course of treatment 10 masks not more than 2 times a week.
- Mother and stepmother. If there are signs of flaky skin on the head of an adult with formation of dry scales that can be rubbed into the root zone of the broth from the pot. Prepare a decoction of 1 Cup water and 1 tablespoon of the plant. The grass poured by well boiled water and insist for about an hour. Then use the tool. The course of treatment is 7 consecutive days.
- Mask of onions helps against dryness and flaking of the skin. To prepare the onion rubbed on a grater and RUB into the scalp. Leave the mask for 40 minutes, then wash off with warm water with added essential oil (2-3 drops).
Important: if, when such cosmetic procedures are marked burning and itching, then such treatment should be stopped.
It is understood that for the trivial scaling of the skin on the head can lie the most serious problems. Therefore, you should not self-medicate using traditional recipes or medication. Correct as soon as possible to seek the assistance of competent technician and to take the full course of the prescribed treatment.