Okumetil instruction on the use of eye drops and reviews
The drug Okumetil — usage instructions
Eyes – the body, which often reflected the negative impact of allergens. If time does not stop the watery eyes and itching is the primary symptoms, the amplification reaction can cause swelling and severe inflammation. To solve the problem will help Okumetil eye drops is a combined medication, which contains three active ingredients. Application provides relief of swelling and inflammation by acting on histamine recipes and narrowing of the blood vessels.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Method of application and doses
- Side effects
- Analogues of the preparation and reviews
Pharmacological effect and release form
Eye drops Okumetil available in bottles 5 or 10 ml. Drug drug of local action is often assigned an ophthalmologist in hospitals, because it is used for the treatment of many ophthalmic pathologies of different etiology.
The drug reduces swelling of the eyelids, because it blocks histamine recipes, constricts blood vessels. The structure includes an anti-inflammatory component that affects the mucous membranes, reducing inflammation.
Zinc sulfate provides two actions – antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. Naphazoline gets rid of the pathological edema, redness of the eye shell.
Other substances aimed at preventing capillary permeability that inhibits the development of allergic reactions, thus helping to stop the symptoms that are already there.
Note Okumetil drops prescribed for conjunctivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis allergic nature, for the treatment of non-specific conjunctivitis. The medicine relieves symptoms of eye irritation, local tissue redness, itching, burning, feeling a foreign object in the organs of vision.
Droplets are not only testimony, but also contraindications, so use alone is not recommended. Appoints only medical specialist after examination of the patient and confirmation of an allergic reaction.
Instructions for use and composition
The composition includes three active substances with biological activity. Is zinc sulfate in the dose of 10 mg, naphazoline – 10 mg, and the same amount of diphenhydramine hydrochloride + accessories for bundles. Droplets, despite its effectiveness in getting rid of the Allergy clinic, have a lot of contraindications:
- Time, childbearing, breast-feeding;
- Hypersensitivity to the active components;
- Children up to age two years;
- Zakratougolnaya form of glaucoma;
- Epilepsy in anamnesis;
- The syndrome of «dry eye»;
- Many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is also not recommended to apply drops if the patient is suffering from bronchial asthma, diseases of the cardiovascular system, including hypertensive heart disease, atherosclerotic changes, diabetes.
Instructions for use Okumetil notes that cannot be combined drops and MAO inhibitors as it can lead to a sharp rise in blood pressure. It is also not recommended to combine with drugs hypertensive properties, as this effect can be enhanced significantly.
Important: Okumetil and preparations of salts of silver are characterized by incompatibility, not used together; any local anesthetic to the eye is incompatible with eye drops.
Also you cannot combine Okumetil and Citral, Ichthyol, drugs, which include substances containing chinini.
Method of application and doses
Instructions for use of the drug in the form of eye drops is simple. The drops need to be instilled into the conjunctival SAC of each affected organ. The dosage is 1 drop in one eye. The rate of application two times a day.
If within three days of the therapeutic course symptoms of allergic reaction have not disappeared, has not been, you need to stop the application, consult with your doctor. Overdose is excluded because it is not absorbed.
Drug allergies of the eye often leads to the development of side effects. The most frequent negative phenomenon include burning eyes immediately after applying the medication. Often there is a short, hazy vision or manifestation of allergic reactions to components of the drug.
Should know: people with a missing lens medication can lead to the defeat of the anterior and posterior parts of the organ of vision – Central area of the retina that in turn provokes defects of the field of view in front of the eye hangs a dark spot.
If such symptoms are identified, the use of the drug immediately stops. In most clinical pictures negative characteristics are offset independently after the cancellation within a few days. The particular symptomatic treatment is not required.
Naphazoline, a part may lead to the development of adverse reactions:
For more rare adverse events include a rise in blood pressure, tachycardia, headaches, nausea, sleep disturbance, problems with musculoskeletal disorders, increased dryness of the mucous membrane of the eye.
Analogues of the preparation and reviews
In connection with a large list of side effects often Okumetil replaced with similar drugs during the treatment of an allergic reaction. To peers can be attributed only to visine, Attilio, Naphazoline. Pharmaceutical market the same medication no longer offers.
Consider the analogues read more:
- Octile has a vasoconstrictor effect, reduces swelling and hyperemia mucous membranes. It is recommended to treat allergic reactions of any etiology. Medication used up to three times a day, instill one drop in the lower conjunctival SAC. With caution is prescribed for hypertension, arrhythmia, organic pathology of the cardiovascular system, in combination with antidepressants. During pregnancy and lactation use only for the purpose of medical specialist, taking account of all risks;
- Drops visine has a decongestant and vasoconstrictor properties. As a result of local application are not absorbed, respectively, they are not able to lead to the development of systemic reactions of a negative nature. It is prescribed for edema and redness of the eyes due to seasonal allergies. Contraindications include hypertension, degenerative changes of the cornea, angle-closure glaucoma, pheochromocytoma. Drip 2-3 times a day 1-2 drops in each eye. Duration of use not more than four days. Allowed children from 2 years of age;
- The main component contains naphazoline naphazoline. Has a vasoconstrictor effect, provides strong, rapid and prolonged effect. You can drip into the eyes only with the prescription of an ophthalmologist. Usually recommend 1-2 drops 0.05% solution. Multiple use up to three times a day. Not appoint diabetes, tachycardia, atherosclerotic changes in the body, chronic diseases of the eye. Contraindication serves children up to age one year.
Note, drops Naphazoline are a versatile drug that helps to fight the symptoms of allergies. They are buried not only in eyes but also in the sinuses, auditory passages.
On the Internet on the thematic, you can find a lot of reviews of patients who the doctor has prescribed the drug Okumetil for the treatment of allergic manifestations related to the eyes. So, let’s consider a few:
Maria, 27 years:
«With red eyes and a sensation of a foreign object came to the allergist. I have drops Okumetil, never tried before. Feeling hellish during backfilling. The manual says about light burning, but that’s not true. They burned for 3-4 minutes so I thought no eyes left. No longer dripping.»
Victoria, 38 years:
«Okumetil helps, just a few hours removed itching, a little redness passed. For three days, got rid of the symptoms of your allergies. Are normal that is also a plus. Side effects I had. It is a pity that you cannot apply as a prevention.»
The opinion of doctors on medicinal drug Okumetil positive. Medical experts say the effectiveness of the product, it combine three active component of multilateral therapeutic result that at the same time helps to fight with different symptoms.
With eyes not kidding, it is not recommended to use the drug Ocumeter without consulting your ophthalmologist. Reluctance to go to the doctor for Allergy treatment can result in serious consequences vision.