Nystatin tablets: instructions for use of candles and ointments
Pills Nystatin: method of issuance and application instructions
In the treatment of fungal gynecological diseases are widely used vaginal suppositories Nystatin. However, few people know that this drug is available in other forms that can be used to treat other fungal infections of the body. The drug in any form that works exclusively against the fungus Candida, but does not inhibit bacteria. How to take the drug in its different forms, and what are the indications for its intended purpose as described below.
- Method of production of Nystatin
- Part medications Nystatin
- Analogues drugs
- Indications for and use of medicine
- Contraindications to the use of Nystatin
- Treatment with Nystatin during pregnancy
- Dosing preparations of Nystatin
- Candles vaginal
- Candles rectal
- Side effects when taking Nystatin
- Special recommendations for the use of the drug
- The reviews about the drug
Method of production of Nystatin
Pharmaceutical companies offer the consumer the drug in the form of:
- Nystatin tablets. Pills are light yellow with touch of green color and characteristic aroma of vanilla;
- Vaginal suppositories Nystatin. Have the form of torpedoes and yellow;
- Rectal suppositories with nystatin. Also have a yellow color and elongated shape;
- Nystatin ointment (cream). A yellow or brownish-yellow. Has a moderately thick consistency.
Part medications Nystatin
Dragees (pills) contain in its composition:
- Vaseline oil, and milk sugar;
- Carbonate magnesium;
- Potato starch;
- Calcium stearinovokisly;
- The pigmentary titanium dioxide;
- Tween 80, vanilla and triolein O.
Vaginal suppositories Nystatin have this composition:
- Citric acid food;
- The ether acid peroxybenzoyl;
- Witepsol N-15 and W-35.
Important: rectal suppositories Nystatin 500 or 250 contain in their composition the same components as the vaginal suppositories.
Composition Nystatin ointment looks like this:
- The active substance is nystatin;
- Auxiliary – lanolin and vaseline medical.
If necessary, for therapeutic reasons or with the aim of recruiting more favorable price drugs Nystatin can be replaced with analogues:
- Miconazole and Natamycin;
- Intrakonazol and Left;
- Fluconazole and Clotrimazole;
Important: Nystatin analogs have identical therapeutic effect on the patient.
Indications for and use of medicine
If the reader is interested in the drug Nystatin is and what it is used, the indications for use of drugs are:
- The pills and external cream fungal skin and mucous membrane, in addition, nystatin indications to the use of an auxiliary therapy for long-term treatment with other antifungal drugs in certain patients;
- Candles vaginal – thrush (vaginal candidiasis);
- Candles rectal – fungal lesions of rectum and sigmoid colon, prophylaxis before and after surgery.
Important: if the doctor prescribes you with antibiotics Nystatin, you should know that such therapy is not justified. In satisfactory condition of the patient the drug can overcome pathogens. Only in severe patient (immunity is strongly reduced or depleted after surgery) shows the combination of Nystatin and other antimicrobials.
Contraindications to the use of Nystatin
Contraindications to the reception means on the basis of nystatin are:
- Malfunctions of the liver;
- Disorders of the pancreas and its inflammation (pancreatitis);
- Ulcer of stomach and duodenum;
- Individual intolerance or sensitivity to one or more components of the drug.
Treatment with Nystatin during pregnancy
Nystatin is prescribed during pregnancy is extremely rare. The fact that each candle with nystatin during pregnancy has a toxic effect on the mother’s body, and therefore the fetus. In this case, for the treatment of fungal infections of the vagina, it is important to prescribe less toxic drugs, such as Difluzol, and Pimafucin.
Important: vaginal candles with nystatin can be used during pregnancy in an extreme case, if the potential benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to fetal development. In this case, the doctor adjusts the dose of the drug, reducing. The same principle can be assigned and tablets.
Ointment Nystatin during pregnancy can be used, as it is not absorbed into the blood, and has only a local effect on the mushrooms. That is, the negative effects on the fetus does not occur.
Dosing preparations of Nystatin
If the reader is interested in the drug Nystatin and dosage in the treatment of different forms of the medication, the prescription will be.
Nystatin pills in the instructions for use should be consumed, drinking plenty of water. For adults the dosage is 500 000 units 4 to 6 times a day. If a patient has generalized candidiasis, the daily rate of the drug should be 6 000 000 units tablet Nystatin children is prescribed in different doses depending on age:
- Patients under 1 year of 100-125 units from 3 to 4 times a day;
- Patients 1-3 years – Nystatin 250 3-4 meals per day;
- Patients 3-13 years – 250-400 units 3-4 hours per day;
- Children older than 13 years – 250-500 3-4 hours a day.
Vaginal suppositories inserted into the vagina after taking hygienic toilet in the quantity of 1 a day it is necessary to put two candles (morning/evening). The course of treatment is 8-14 days.
The candle enter into the rectum morning and evening in one piece course of treatment is 12-14 days.
Ointment Nystatin is externally. The product is applied on the affected skin with a thin film in the morning and evening after showering. The course of therapy is 7 to 14 days.
Side effects when taking Nystatin
You should know that Nystatin, the instruction which detailed, can have various side effects. So, there are the following negative reactions from the body:
- When using candles with nystatin manual claims that may develop allergic manifestations such as itching and burning;
- The use of rectal suppositories – diarrhea, vomiting, pain in the intestines, nausea;
- Pills – skin rashes, itching, aches and chills, headache.
Important: long-term use of drugs based on nystatin may cause tolerance of the fungus to its components. That is, the therapy will be unsuccessful. In this case, and if Nystatin gives side effects, you should stop taking the drug and inform your doctor.
Special recommendations for the use of the drug
When using the drug is to adhere to additional recommendations on how to take Nystatin. They look this way:
- Drinking Nystatin tablets regardless of food intake. The main thing is not to combine the treatment with alcohol;
- Nystatin vaginal candles should not be placed in the period of menstruation;
- For the treatment of thrush is necessary to spend preventive treatment and sexual partner;
- At the time of therapy (if used nystatin vaginal candle) it is better to use a barrier contraceptive or abstinence from sex life.
Important: shelf life of drugs in different forms, it is 2 years from the date of issue. Only nystatin ointment has a shelf life of 3 years from the production date. Rectal and vaginal suppositories and ointment should be stored in the cold at a temperature of 5 degrees.
The reviews about the drug
The network has many feedback about the products based on nystatin. Largely positive reviews.
Marina, 35 years
I remember back in my youth with a yeast infection and my GYN prescribed me vaginal suppositories Nystatin. The drug helped me well. Today I unexpectedly faced with a candidiasis. Apparently affected by the stress in his personal life. Did not go to the gynecologist, but just bought in a pharmacy proven to. What helps is especially effective Nystatin is thrush. The illness passed after a week.
Alex, 51 years
Fungal infections of the skin underarms helped me well nystatin ointment. The dermatologist has prescribed it to me after a series of tests and diagnosis. I used the ointment, as mentioned in the instructions, morning and evening. Skin has become smooth and homogeneous structure already in the second week of application. After 15 days it went. Nystatin ointment is an excellent anti-fungal agent.
Oksana, 27 years
Pills Nystatin for children, of course, is prescribed rarely. But our dermatologist picked up a dose of what my nephew has become easier after the 5 days of treatment. In this case, we used pellets, calculating the dosage and the number of them. The doctor taught. So in this case the pills really helped to save his nephew from candidiasis of the skin. By the way, in the complex of pills used nystatin ointment topically.
Olga Andreevna, 61
My husband developed intestinal candidiasis. Proctologist after an examination he prescribed Nystatin in the form of suppository rectally. Put candles twice a day, morning and evening, as prescribed. Inside took also a means in the form of tablets in a minimum dose of 250 units Improved husband felt already on day 6 after the start of treatment. Two weeks later all was restored, and we forgot about the problem.