Nevus — what is it on the body: pigmented dysplastic
What is nevus and its variants
Benign growths on the skin most of them are birth defects of the skin. In a small area of the skin formed by accumulation of cells or novozilov inside of which contains a large amount of melanin. Nevus skin is a pigment spot, mole or birthmark. In this article we will discuss nevus what is it? Let us examine the types of tumors, their symptoms and treatment.
- The reasons for the formation
- The symptoms of tumors
- The types of nevi
- Treatment of tumors
- Preventive measures
The reasons for the formation
In dermatology, there is the concept of tumor or nevus, it may have a different shape, color, size (point-like or large size, in the form of a point or of a pea, flat or convex). Consider what is the nevus? A nevus is congenital or acquired during life pigmented benign tumor in the skin. In dermatology education can be called pigmented nevus, Clark nevus syndrome melanoma, atypical nevus melanophores. Each has their designated locations and the reasons for the formation.
The reasons why can be formed, the mole is divided into two types:
- Congenital — a congenital defect that formed as a result of violation of processes of cell migration of melanoblast from neuroectodermal tube directly into the skin;
- Purchased lifetime the number of moles is changing, they may appear in new areas of the skin to change its shape, color, size. It is important to keep track of new moles and promptly show them to the doctor.
For information! Nevi on the body of a small size are not dangerous, but medium and giant can turn into malignant form and cause cancer.
It should be noted that the acquired education are divided into:
- using — a condition in which a large concentration of melanocytes are located deep in the epidermis;
- epidermal — a condition in which the accumulation of melanocytes is located in the upper layer of the epidermis.
Dermatologists claim the violation of embryogenesis is the main factor in the development of nevi on the body and the reason for its formation.
The symptoms of tumors
Acquired education or birthmarks appear on the skin at an early age, and their peculiarity lies in the fact that in a more Mature state they can disappear. For example, dysplastic nevus can occur at any age and continue for life, i.e. this type of mole is not prone to involution (transition to the previous state). In most cases, education does not cause any discomfort and do not cause discomfort. However, if in the region of the lesion there was a burning sensation, itching and periodically have spotting, it indicates the degeneration of benign into malignant tumors.
For information! Dysplastic nevus has a large size, atypical location on the chest, buttocks and on the scalp.
As a rule, vnutriplevralnoe position have edge formations which appear as small spots, with a little time rising above the surface of the skin.
If the formation is large enough, it is considered dysplastic nevus, which requires special attention. The color of this mole varies from light brown to dark brown, it has a rounded shape and clear boundaries. Location does not have a certain place, for example, the spot can be on legs, face and any part of the body. Symptoms of the following entities:
- Pigmented moles — are common to all men, it has a characteristic brown pigmentation, may be located in any part of the body and the mucous membrane;
- Papillomatous nevus — has a smooth surface, big size, the location of part of the head covered with hair, wrong shape, color dark brown or black, usually completely covered with hair.
For information! Linear naevus is formed from birth and is a group of small nodules that are located next to each other.
It is worth noting that the mole can still be called benign neoplasm, in which there is no melanin:
- hemangioma or vascular nevus is a vascular tumor, present in every newborn, and when a normal current flows in the first year of life;
- the formation of the sebaceous glands located on the head;
- anemic tumor — vascular refers to the type of education represents the area of the skin, with underdeveloped vessels.
The types of nevi
The following types of nevi:
- The Mongolian spot is a birthmark in infants, which is a genetic pigment disorder. May occur in adults in a less pronounced form. To date, this neoplasm has virtually disappeared, according to statistics, 20 children Mongolian spots can be only one.
- Papillomatous nevus is a marked elevation above the surface of the epidermis, with different color and shape. Papillomatous nevus may be pink or brown with a granular surface, soft and painless to the touch. Usually papillomatous nevus located on the hairy surface of the head, limbs or torso. It should be noted, papillomatous nevus is very similar to some malignant melanomas, so at the first suspicion recmmended to take a biopsy. The structure of the papillomatous nevus photo displays it shape, form and color.
- Dysplastic nevus or Clark’s nevus is a congenital formation, however, in rare cases, may appear throughout life in the period of puberty and hormonal changes. Atypical nevus — a kind formations, which proves the presence of histological relationships between tumors and melanoma. Dysplastic nevus is not affected by the development of normal acquired melanocytic nevus. The photo shows a Clark’s nevus.
For information! A Clark’s nevus has three degrees of development:the emergence of chains of cells, the accumulation of melanin due to which are formed the centers of the seals and increasing signs of atypia melanocyte.
- Fibroepithelial view — the simplest and most common form of moles can be congenital or acquired. Formed in the period of hormonal changes, location and size are different.
- There or pigmented nevus — has a disorderly arrangement of spots, location any, most often located in the open part of the body. The photo shows the border pigmented nevus.
- Melanocytic view — the formation of a benign nature, its detection is possible with age. If the area of the education large, sushestvuet the risk of degeneration into malignant.
For information! Melanophores nevus of the trunk may occur due to long stay under sun rays, the sudden hormonal changes (pregnancy, puberty), and frequent pathologies of the skin.
- Melanophores nevus unspecified — represents a large number of entities (over 50%) that have specific histological characteristics, appearance was suspicious enough.
Treatment of tumors
How to treat intradermal pigmented nevus? As a rule, treatment of the nevus is performed by means of medication and surgical treatment. There are the following methods to troubleshoot formations on the skin:
- surgical removal;
- preventive measures when the failure condition of the patient from removal of a mole;
- traditional medicine.
For information! Surgical removal of moles is most effective. Do the dermatologists in the hospital or in the beauty salons.
Removing moles can be done in several ways:
- Excision of nevus — a procedure is performed using a conventional scalpel, removed razrossya pigment stain and a small portion of the skin around the education. On the spot removal of moles may be left with a scar.
- Laser surgery — a procedure performed with a laser, which vaporizes cells and leads them to the death. This operation is painless and the most popular.
- Cryosurgery — a procedure performed with freezing of the cells, which stops their division and they themselves die. However, this operation has a high risk of re-development of moles. Therefore, the procedure prescribed for removal of small entities.
How to remove pigmented nevus, you can see from the video.
The most dangerous complication of moles is their degeneration into malignant melanoma, the most aggressive form of cancer. Each type of neoplasm has a risk of degeneration to cancer. Most dangerous is dysplastic, giant or borderline neoplasm. In the preventive purposes it is recommended that:
- to limit exposure to the sun, i.e. from 12 to 16 to limit yourself to sunbathing, because at this time the sun is most active;
- use high-quality sunscreen;
- conduct an independent inspection of the skin for the presence of tumors in already existing moles;
- if you find a suspicious mole to observe them from a specialist;
- to restore the functionality of the endocrine system, influencing the failure of hormonal background and to increase the number of pigmentation.
For information! People are prone to tumors, it is recommended to wear special protective clothing with SPF protection of at least 30.
According to statistics of the world health organization 75% of all clinically recorded cases of transformed moles in melanoma. Spots and moles do not necessarily have to degenerate into malignancy, however, you need to know certain factors that contribute to develop the process of cancer. Learn more about preventive measures tumors you can see from the video.
To prevent the formation of melanoma will help the complete elimination of various pathological factors. Melanoma is a dangerous formation that can cause metastases in the internal organs. Recommended for detection of suspicious moles or changes to seek the advice of a dermatologist or oncologist.