Mycosyst — instructions for use of tablets for thrush
The drug Mycosyst and the instruction on its application
In the fight against fungal diseases of various etiologies are now widely used drug Mycosyst 150 mg. particularly popular drug in this dosage won in the treatment of vaginal candidiasis. Hence the increased interest to the drug. How to take it and what is prescribed Mycosyst else, understand the material below.
- Mikesic: composition and release form
- Analogues of the drug Mycosyst
- Indications for the use of the drug
- Contraindications to the use of the drug
- The dosage depending on the pathology
- Adult dosage
- Dosage children
- Adverse reactions
- The cost of the drug
- Mycosyst, fluconazole and Diflucan: comparative analysis
Mikesic: composition and release form
Mycosyst — drug group anti-fungal. That is aimed at combating fungus. The tool has a wide range of effects on the body. Mycosyst inhibits the growth of fungi type Candida and Histoplasma capsulatum to the type of Coccidioides immitis.
The drug is available in two types — liquid for infusion and capsules for internal ingestion. The solution is implemented in pharmacies in bottles of 100 mg pills you can buy packs of 1, 2, and 7 and 28 capsules in each.
The active substance of the medicine is fluconazole. Capsules used additional components in the form of silicon dioxide (colloidal), magnesium stearate, corn starch, lactose and talc, and povidone. To a solution of fluconazole in addition to the added sodium chloride and water.
The dosage of the main ingredient in the capsules varies and is Mycosyst 50, 100 mg and 150 mg. this Corresponds to the name of a medicine is Mycosyst 50, 100 and Mycosyst Mycosyst 150. That is in one capsule of the drug have a specified amount of mg of fluconazole to it in composition.
Important: Mycosyst not available in the form of conventional tablets or in the form of vaginal suppositories.
Analogues of the drug Mycosyst
Here in the first place is to explain to the reader that tablets Mycosyst have counterparts. These are the drugs, having in its composition the active substance is fluconazole and follows the principle of Mycosyst. Analogues Mycosyst are:
- Capsules — Diflucan and Diflucan, Mycomax, Glucose, Prostanazol, Nothung and Fangirly, Flucostat, Flusol, Cyscan, Flunil, Forkan and Funsol, fluconazole, Mycoflucan and Difluzol and Vero-fluconazole.
- Suspension – Mycomax and Diflucan.
- Infusion — Diflucan and Diflucan, Miconi, Glucose, Mycoflucan and Mycomax, fluconazole, Fluorous, Medoflucon, Flucostat and Fluconazole.
Important: instructions for use Mycosyst indicated that the drug has a less toxic effect on the liver unlike other drugs from the same group.
Indications for the use of the drug
Mycosyst in the form of injections or capsules prescribed in such cases:
- Fungal skin of the body;
- Cryptococcal meningitis;
- Cryptococcosis of the respiratory system, as well as its prevention in patients with AIDS or in patients undergoing organ transplants;
- Systemic, generalized and vaginal candidiasis;
- Histoplasmosis and sporotrichosis;
- Fungal infection of the blood;
- Fungal lesions of the mucous membranes;
- Genital candidiasis;
- Fungal diseases of the urinary system;
- Candidiasis visceral;
- Onychomycosis (nail fungus);
- Ringworm multicolor;
- Prevention of fungal infections in cancer patients and AIDS patients.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
Due to the moderate toxicity components of the drug reception Mycosyst absolutely contraindicated in such patients and in such cases:
- Individual sensitivity to the drug components;
- Simultaneous reception of preparations on the basis of terfenadine and Astemizole, Cisapride.
In other cases, contraindications are relative. Here the attending physician determines the potential benefit to the patient against the background of a potential risk. Relative contraindications are:
- Failure of the kidneys and liver;
- Receiving Rifabutin;
- The presence of the rash after using local anti-fungal drugs;
- Problems with heart and blood pressure;
The dosage depending on the pathology
The drug is administered to the patient in a convenient to receive the form. So, unconscious and heavy patients prescribed infuzionnye solutions. All other patients are prescribed the capsules.
Pills washed down with water, regardless of meals. Infuzionnye solutions are administered intravenously at a rate not exceeding 10 ml/min.
Important: when switching from one drug to another dosage do not change.
- Cryptococcosis. Taking 400 mg of the drug at one time. Further 200-400 mg means daily rate of 42-56 days. In some cases, therapy lasts for 10-12 weeks as directed by your doctor.
- Vaginal candidiasis. Instead of using the usual vaginal suppositories is shown taking one capsule Mycosyst 150 once. In protracted chronic candidiasis do prevention, disposable taking Mycosyst 150 mg once a month during the year. Sexual partner should also be taking Mycosyst 150 once for prevention.
- Kandelia and candidiasis. Shows the use of 400 ml of medication in the first day. Then 200 mg for the reception rate of up to 14-28 days.
- The nail fungus. 150 mg once a day until complete regrowth of a healthy nail plate.
- Atrophic candidiasis. 50 mg once a day the course of 14-15 days.
- Dermatofitia. 150 mg weekly or 50 mg daily the course of 14-28 days.
- Oropharyngeal candidiasis. Shows 50-100 mg means for receiving a rate of 7-15 days.
- Fungal infections of the esophagus, respiratory organs, mucous membranes. Mycosyst 50-100 mg once a day course in 14-28 days.
- Multi-colored lichen. 50 mg of the drug once a day. The course is 2-4 weeks. Or 300 mg once every seven days.
- Thrush of the penis. Shown Mycosyst 150 ml initially and once. If the disease be severe, the first once taking 150 mg, and then during the week I drink more on 50-100 mg of the drug once a day.
- Prevention of fungal infections in patients with cancer. Shown Mycosyst 50 mg daily for a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Deep fungal infection. 200-400 mg formula once a day course in two years.
Important: older patients shows the dosage in the event that if not observed renal pathology. Otherwise, dose picked individually, depending on the condition of the urinary organs.
Children dose is calculated from the mass of their body. On 1 kg of weight of the baby can take 3-10 mg of the drug. So, for a child weighing 12 kg minimum daily dose Mycosyst will be 36 mg. the Dosage can be increased depending on the severity of the disease.
Newborns and infants up to 1.5 years shows the introduction of the infusion due to the inability to swallow the capsule. The dosage is calculated the same way as for capsules.
Important: children under 1 month of intravenous drug every 3 days. Babies 1-12 months put a dropper every 2 days.
Given that Mycosyst easily penetrates into all tissues of the body, adverse reactions may arise from any of the systems:
- The digestive tract. Nausea, possible vomiting, bloating, diarrhea. There may be pain in the abdomen and a disorder of perception of the taste buds. From the liver the possible manifestations of jaundice (yellowing of the skin and sclera, dark urine). May develop necrosis of liver cells and increase in bilirubin.
- Nervous system and vestibular apparatus. Dizziness, convulsions, headache.
- The organs of hematopoiesis. The decrease in blood leukocytes, platelets. The reduction of potassium in the blood and hypoglycemia.
- Skin. Possible allergic rash, itching, eczema, anaphylactic shock, bronchial asthma.
- The cardiovascular system. Arrhythmia, a change in the results of the ECG.
- The endocrine system. Failure of metabolic processes.
Important: during therapy with antifungal drug Mycosyst need to constantly monitor the health of the patient. In particular, watch for skin reactions, liver and the nervous system.
Cases of overdose were observed only when the momentary dose of drugs was more than 800 mg per day. In this case, the patient exhibits diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. Possible seizures, paranoia and hallucinations. For the manifestation of the symptoms of overdose you should immediately seek medical help.
The cost of the drug
In pharmacies Russia the price Mycosyst capsules ranges from 4.5 $ (260 RUB.) to 30.5$ (1760 RUB), depending on the dosage and number of pills in the pack. Solution for infusion is an average of 5-7 $ (300-400 rubles.).
Mycosyst, fluconazole and Diflucan: comparative analysis
These three drugs would be the first list of drugs-synonyms and analogues in the treatment of fungal diseases. What is the difference in medicines and what is the best deal.
The active ingredient in all the drugs, fluconazole. However, and Diflucan Mycosyst are genuine original drugs, whereas fluconazole is the only drug generic. That is, the drug, which the pharmaceutical company can use active substance with additives and impurities. In addition, generic drugs are not monitored so carefully for any side reactions and so the Effectiveness of such measures is somewhat lower.
At the same time, brand-name drugs and Diflucan Mycosyst contain pure active component, and the control of their quality is conducted at all stages of production. The main difference between and Diflucan Mycosyst — the country-manufacturer. Hungary produces Mycosyst, Diflucan — France.
Olga, 43 years
Periodically I suffer thrush after taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs from arthritis. And to be honest, tired of using candles in the treatment of disease. It’s not always convenient. And forget often. My gynecologist advised me to take with a yeast infection Mycosyst once. The problem disappeared the next day. Thanks to my doctor and Mycosyst.
Vladimir, 27 years
On the leg formed a persistent fungus. Dermatologist prescribed Mycosyst in a dosage of 150 mg. Drink the capsules for three months. The nail has grown back healthy and pink.
Natalia, 33 years
Thrush acquired after taking a course of antibiotics. The pharmacist advised me to buy Mycosyst for myself and for my husband. We drank one capsule and forget about the problem.
Maria, 52 years
Some time notice under the breast moist and odorous stain. Addressed to the dermatologist. The diagnosis of fungus of the skin. Well, the doctor prescribed an effective drug Mycosyst. After two weeks the stain started to subside, and after a month I forgot about the problem. However, no nausea, no diarrhea, I was not.