Mycosis in children on the skin and treatment of fungal diseases
Symptoms of fungal infection in children: treatment and prevention
Fungal infection affects people of all ages, not without children. The fungi – flora of the surrounding of a person because of what to avoid them is sometimes impossible. Children often meet with the fungus, but some fungal infections are sick more often, other – rarely. In this article you can see why there is a fungal infection in children which symptoms, signs and treatment of the disease.
- The symptoms and signs of disease
- The shape of the fungus
Causes of fungal infection in children a lot, the baby can be infected with it from birth. But contamination could occur during the transmission of the fungus through the breast of the mother, passing through the birth canal, either because of the mushroom, the child may have acquired over time. The most actively proliferate fungi on the smooth skin, its derivatives (nails, hair). The symptoms of mycosis can be detected in the armpits, inguinal folds child. Causes of fungal infection in children:
- congenital disease;
- failure to observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- adverse environmental factors like elevated levels of radiation, polluted air;
- diet, including plenty of sweet, salty food;
- long-term therapy with drugs that have side effects.
Infection with athlete’s foot often occurs in premature infants. Due to the adoption of a significant number of antibiotics that are prescribed to premature babies. Pets often carry the fungus, which, because of close contact goes on smooth baby skin.
The symptoms and signs of disease
Symptoms of fungal infection in babies, the degree of their severity depends on the cause and form of the disease.
With the defeat of the hair of the head:
- appear on the skin crust grayish, yellowish hue, which can be easily removed. After a time the crust occur again;
- the feeling of «tuberosity» of the skin of the head;
- fungus infected area of the skin of the head has a round shape, the hair region become brittle (break at a distance of 2-5 mm from the skin). Around the affected area skin and hair have no signs of disease;
- from the child complain of itching, burning sensation in the affected area with fungus. If the child is not able to speak, he begins to comb irritating the skin, allows a long time to wash his head (even if you had not loved it).
When the lesion is smooth the skin:
- the skin is covered with spots that do not have sharp edges;
- annular spots, which have raised edges, clean the center;
- over time, small spots merge into one with large area of distribution that goes on previously healthy skin;
- the skin appear vesicles containing transparent light yellow liquid, which, due to the thin walls easily burst;
- on the periphery of the spots occur dry crusts, which separate in contact with moisture;
- in the area of the affected areas the child feels itchy.
As you can see, the symptoms in babies can be different, determine their form of mycosis.
In the photo you can see how it looks infectious lesions of the head, smooth skin.
The shape of the fungus
Fungal skin disease in children usually develop in the form:
Regardless of the severity of the lesion, fungal infection adversely affects the overall health of the child, the athlete should be faster to eliminate.
Drugs for the treatment of fungus must choose a pediatrician, which should also monitor the progress of treatment. In the treatment process can be used antifungal drugs topical (applied directly on the affected areas of the skin), systemic effects (taken orally in the form of tablets, syrup, drops). In the presence of acute inflammation, secondary infection by combined therapy including anti-inflammatory, restorative drugs.
If a strong itch, a burning sensation, appointed antihistamines, protivozudnam drugs used baths.
To avoid fungal growth, it is necessary to care for the child, to accustom him to hygiene. Kid shoes should be clean and dry. Young children should not wrap to provide heat transfer through the air. If excess amount of heat will be allocated then, the fungus begins to actively multiply, because the moist environment contributes to this. Clothing, including shoes should be made of natural materials, it passed enough air. Baby’s nails should be regularly cut off, preferably the individual nail scissors. If you stay in public places with high humidity (pool, gym) to get your baby to go shod.
Prevention of fungal infections more easily implementable than the treatment of fungal diseases. Sufficient attention is given to the child should be enough to protect him from infectious diseases.