List of ointments effective against skin fungus
In the 21st century when the incredible surgery on transplantation of organs, humanity continues to suffer from various fungal infections. Despite modern drugs, the treatment of such diseases associated with a number of problems since the pace of life, few patients seek medical advice at an early stage. However, there are ointment for skin fungus, which will effectively cope with the problem in a timely manner.
Few people know that the fungal microflora surrounds people all the time. Microspores are in the air, sit on the skin and they breathe, and it happens every second. And normally the man is healthy, because the immune system does not allow the mushrooms to take over. But enough small malfunction in the body and fungal infection triumphantly captures the new bridgeheads.
The factors that trigger fungal infection include:
- hormonal changes;
- long-term use of antibiotics;
- a weakened immune system;
- gastrointestinal disease;
- the metabolic disorders;
- improper and unbalanced diet;
- violation of rules of personal hygiene.
Conventionally, all fungi can be divided into:
- conditionally pathogenic which are not capable of striking a healthy body;
- pathogens which pose a direct threat.
But it is important to understand that the presence of negative factors or chronic diseases, even opportunistic fungi can cause serious disease.
Another division of fungal infections can be made on the type of pathogen. There are diseases:
- Candidiasis. Is caused by the fungus Candida (opportunistic), which normally is included in the composition of intestinal microflora. But in violation of immune protection and the fungus spreads rapidly and causes many diseases. It affects the skin and mucous membranes. The infamous thrush like oral thrush, just triggered by this fungus
- Trichophytosis. The causative agent is Trichophyton (pathogenic fungus) Infection occur through contact with the patient. Disease tolerated both by humans and animals. Found on the skin of the trunk and scalp.
- The tinea. Pathogen – Arthodermataceae (a pathogenic fungus). Striking mainly hair, nails and Horny layer of the epidermis and the skin of the feet. The source of infection in addition to infected people and animals can serve as soil.
- Keratomas. Agents – actinomycetes, Aspergillus (opportunistic fungi) the Disease occurs on the background of weakening of protective forces of the body, sweating.
How to prevent infection fungal infection. Simple rules
To protect against skin fungus is not as difficult as to recover from it. It is necessary to observe some simple rules:
- Daily take a shower and observe the other rules of personal hygiene, especially if the person is exposed to excessive sweating.
- Wear underwear made of natural fabric and in a timely manner to change it
- Regardless of the health status of other family members are encouraged to have a personal towel and other hygiene items (facecloth, comb, etc.)
- During the fitting of shoes in the store to use a disposable socks and not wear shoes on bare feet
- During a visit to the pool and other rooms with high humidity use Slippers. After the pool of the foot is recommended to treat antiseptic gel.
- Any, even the smallest damage to the skin treated with antiseptic to prevent infection.
Despite the fact that the disease is caused by a fungus, effects, delay in treatment, can be very heavy. In the transition of the disease into a chronic form, and a cure could take years. It is therefore important to diagnose the disease, identify causative agent and treat.
Modern medicine uses a holistic approach in the treatment of fungal infections, using a range of tools:
- ointment fungus on the skin. It kills the spores in the initial stages of the disease;
- adjuvants. Their application caused by to enhance the immune response and bring the fight the body’s defenses;
- pills. They affect the fungus from the inside and are used in more serious cases.
It is important to understand that self-medication for mycosis can lead to the chronic form. It is therefore important to determine the type of infection and to adhere to the therapy prescribed by the attending physician.
Ointment for fungus
The most frequently used ointment skin fungus and professionals built the list of drugs that have proven themselves the best side.
When choosing ointments it is important to consider a number of factors:
- The age of the patient
- General condition
- So much of the affected skin the size of
- Type of fungal pathogen
- Comorbidities that will affect the choice of therapy.
There are three groups of waxes that vary in impact, but are often used in complex therapy in a specific pattern. These inexpensive but effective tools facilitate fast recovery.
So widely used
- Antibacterial ointments are used, with additional infection and violations of the integrity of the skin. The doctors actively use tools such as:
- Levomekol. Antibacterial effect of this ointment has long been known and is well established in the treatment of mycosis. In addition to the destruction of infection the ointment has regenerative properties and is actively cleanses the wound, reducing the healing time.
- Dioksidina ointment is an effective tool used in case of damage of the skin and stops the growth of pathogenic bacteria, not allowing them to penetrate deeper.
- Antifungal ointments is the most commonly used in the treatment of mycosis drugs, so lets consider them in more detail.
The pharmacy will offer dozens of titles that are able to cope with athlete’s foot. But still, choosing a ointment for fungus on the skin of the body, it is important to consider all the above aspects.
- Candide – a drug that can be used during pregnancy and in children from the age of three. The course of treatment is about six months and requires the application of the drug up to 3 times a day. Cream skin fungus on the body can also be applied on the nail plates
- Nizoral. Contains the active substance ketoconazole. The drug acts quickly enough, but it is toxic and banned for use in children. The course of treatment is about a month.
- Amilon drug destroys the fungus in any part of the body. Perhaps the use in children and pregnant women, taking into account the ratio of risk-benefit and mandatory specialist advice. Possible side effects in the form of itching and burning.
- Drug zistan. Active substance – naftifine hydrochloride. The remedy for fungus on the skin can penetrate deep into the skin and be absorbed there. In the blood is not absorbed, so that the overdoses have been recorded. Approved for use in children. The course of treatment is 1-2 months.
- Lamisil. The active substance – terbinafine. The drug gained popularity due to the fact that its application is possible once a day, which greatly facilitates the treatment process. The course is about 1 month.
Combined ointment skin fungus
In the treatment of fungal infections, in particularly difficult cases also used a combination of drugs, which antinicotine properties are combined with local corticosteroids. The use of such drugs is justified when the usual remedies do not bring relief, and as a rule they are combined with systemic treatment.
The doctors there are such effective ointment as:
The drug combines three actions:
Its use is justified in cases where the mono-component drugs do not have effect.
- Akriderm GK
- Betametason – hormonal drug that relieves itching and swelling and has anti-inflammatory deysvtie
- Clotrimazole – antifungal activity
- Gentamicin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic
Ointment or pills
At the initial stage of the disease the choice between local treatment in the form of ointments and systemic, involving the use of pills, doctors make in favor of the first. This is because ointments have a number of advantages:
- direct impact on the outbreak of the disease;
- a more gentle effect on the body as a whole;
- fewer side effects;
- effects on several types of fungus at the same time;
- prolonged use is necessary for complete destruction of fungal infection.
Regulations for the control of fungus
Treatment of fungal infection requires time and regularity. Often, the first signs of improvement in the patients leave the fungus treatment skin or skip medications prescribed by the doctor. This absolutely cannot be allowed, because violation can lead to the fact that the fungus will become resistant to the chosen drug and the desired effect is achieved.
- to comply with the rules of General hygiene;
- to use your own toiletries;
- creams and gels applied to clean and dry skin;
- clothing relating to affected areas to change daily;
- with the defeat of the skin of the feet requires additional processing shoes special products that can destroy the fungus.