Levocetirizine instructions for use of tablets
Levocetirizine for allergies: instructions for use
For the treatment of allergic reactions provoked by various external and internal factors, dermatologists and allergists can prescribe medications-antihistamines. Well-proven now Levocetirizine, the instruction to which it is understandable to the patient. How and from where to take the drug Levocetirizine (Levocetirizine), understand the material below.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
Medicine for sale in drugstores of Russia in the form of oval tablets. Tablets have a film coating shell almost white or pure white. On one side of the pill has pharmaceutical engraved letters and numbers LC5. The average price of Levocetirizine in Russian pharmacies is 239 rubles (3,55.e.). The cost of the drug may vary depending on the region of implementation.
The drug belongs to the group of stable active R-enantiomer of cetirizine. That is, the drug works solely on blocking the histamine receptors, which aktiviziruyutsya in allergic reactions. The effect of the drug Levocetirizine exceeds the simple effect of Cetirizine 2 times.
When injected into the bloodstream from the digestive tract, the drug begins its pharmacological action (active). In particular in the body of the patient, it performs the following functions:
- Significantly reduces the permeability of blood vessels;
- Too soon reduces migration of eosinophils;
- Prevents release of mediators responsible for inflammation;
- Reduces signs of skin allergic reactions;
- Neutralizes itching;
- Reduces the amount of exudate produced with combed allergic sores.
Important: Levocetirizine does not act on the Central nervous system of the patient, and therefore does not have a sedative effect.
The drug is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream from the digestive tract. Thus eating little slows down the process of absorption, but does not violate it in its entirety. The maximum concentration of components of Levocetirizine is achieved in the blood plasma within 50 minutes after taking the first pill. In this form, the drug lingers in the body for up to 2 days. The drug is excreted with urine via glomerular filtration (86%). The remaining 14% of metabolic products of the drug leave the patient’s body with feces.
Instructions for use and composition
You should know that Levocetirizine tablets has a chemical composition:
- Levocetirizine dihydrochloride (active substance, based on the mg is 5 mg per dragee).
As additional components in the drug included:
- Microcrystalline cellulose;
- Silicon dioxide (colloidal);
- Lactose monohydrate;
- Magnesium stearate.
Levocetirizine prescribed under such pathological conditions:
- Rhinitis, seasonal allergic;
- Chronic urticaria (idiopathic);
- Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis;
- Lacrimation and sneezing;
- Itching of the skin;
- Hay fever;
- Allergic dermatitis of various nature.
It is important to remember that Levocetirizine is contraindicated to the patient in such cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- The period of carrying a child (pregnancy);
- The period of breastfeeding;
- Kids up to 6 years;
- Elderly patients with reduced glomerular filtration on the background of pathologies of the kidneys;
- Chronic renal failure severe (chronic renal failure).
While taking the drug may occur, and adverse reactions. In the instructions for use of Levocetirizine is indicated that they can be divided into groups according to the frequency of manifestations. In General often there are side effects:
- Drowsiness and apathy;
- Agitation and aggression;
- Disorders of the organs of vision;
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx;
- The feeling of fatigue.
Important: when you remove the drug all adverse reactions are of themselves.
In addition, data on the efficacy and safety of the drug say that in rare cases manifest the following side reactions:
- The increase in body weight of the patient;
Very rarely during the surveys noted the reactions to the reception of Levocetirizine:
- Nausea and diarrhea;
- Pain in epigastria (the abdomen);
- Hepatitis or changes in the liver;
- Gain skin rash and itchiness;
- Anaphylactic shock.
Method of application and doses
The drug should be taken regardless of the power mode of the patient. At the same time each pill is to first chew and then drink plenty of any liquid.
The therapeutic daily dose of the drug for patients 6 years of age and older is 5 mg per serving (1 tablet).
For various allergic reactions to the seasonal nature of the therapy can be from 1 to 6 weeks. Changing the dosing and duration of therapy may be performed only by the attending physician in case of chronic allergies (atopic dermatitis or rhinitis all year round). Here therapy Levocetirizine can last up to 18 months.
Tip: despite the fact that the drug does not have pronounced sedative effects, yet doctors refuse to recommend actions that require your full attention for the period of drug treatment.
Analogues of the drug
If there is a need to replace Levocetirizine for any reason, in the pharmacies you can buy and its analogues. The active ingredient in them is also cetirizine or levocetirizine. List of drugs looks like this:
- Allerzielen (oral solution and tablets). The average cost of a bottle of the solution is 325 roubles (4,83.e.). Pills cost 790 rubles (almost 12. E.).
- Zyrtec (dosage form — tablets and drops). Cost of a pack of 7 tablets of dragee – 204 rubles (3,03 e). A pack of 20 pills of pieces 436 rubles (6.3 in. e). Drops cost 330 rubles (by 4.9. E.).
- Side effects of the drug (tablets and drops). The price of a pack of 5 Express-pill – 440 rubles (6,6. E.). Pack tablets of 10 pieces – 152 rubles (of 2.26. E.), a packet of pills from 30 pieces – 270 rubles (approximately 4 in.e.). Drops side effects of the drug are 211 rubles (nearly 3.e.).
- Parlazin (drops and tablets). The price of a pack of pills from 5 pieces – 87 rubles (1,29.e). Tablets 10 pieces in a bundle are 121 rouble (1,8.e.) the a pack of 30 pieces tablets is 273 rubles (4,06.e.). Drops will cost 268 (3,98. E.).
- Cetirizine (tablets). The price of a pack of the drug starts from 69 rubles (1,03. E.).
- Cethrin (tablets). A pack of 20 pieces tablets costs an average of 162 rubles (2.41. E.). A pack of 30 tablets costs 236 rubles (of 3.51.e.).
- Sestra (tablets). One pack cost about 340 rubles (6. E.).
But even if there are enough of the list of analogues of Levocetirizine should consult with your doctor for the relevance of the replacement of the appointed means of allergies. Remember, any action to change therapeutic tactics may entail unexpected consequences. Especially if, allergies is a complex therapy with the use of other drugs.