Largestin — application instructions from allergies and indications
Drug Largestin: instructions for use
When the manifestation of allergic reactions, triggered by external or internal factors, shows the use of other medications, such as antihistamines. Especially good in this case proved to be the reception Nordestina manual which is written for the patient is quite clear. How to take the drug, and in some cases, the drug is approved for use, are described below.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
The patient should know this drug presents in Russian pharmacies in two dosage forms:
- Tablets from allergies. Film-coated and placed in the blister of 10 pieces. One pack of the drug contains 30 pieces of pills.
- Syrup from allergies. Enclosed in a bottle made of dark glass, equipped with a dosing Cup. The syrup has a transparent texture and devoid of color. From suspension there is a slight aroma of almond. In the pharmacies you can buy a bottle of syrup of 60, 120 or 150 ml.
The price of the products starts from 107 rubles (1,4.e.) depending on the form of preparation, and the capacity/number of tablets per pack.
Largestin applies to drugs from the group blockers gistaminovyh receptors. That is why when injected into the bloodstream, the tool begins to actively suppress the release of leukotriene and histamine. Overall, the drug has an impact on the patient:
- Relieves symptoms of allergies such as rashes and itching;
- Neutralizes allergic lacrimation and swelling of the mucosa of the nasopharynx;
- Soothes sneezing;
- Relieves muscle spasm;
- Reduces the concentration of fluid secreted by scratching allergic wounds;
- Reduces the permeability of blood capillaries.
Important: if you do not exceed the therapeutic dose Nordestina, the drug has no sedative effect.
When absorption into the blood maximum concentration of drug reaches about 30-40 minutes. Through 25-27 hours all the products of metabolism of the drug is fully excreted in the urine.
Instructions for use and composition
Largestin tablets has a chemical composition:
- Active ingredient — desloratadine sulfate;
- Auxiliary components — silicon dioxide and starch, calcium hydrogen phosphate and cellulose, magnesium stearate.
Syrup Largestin has such chemical composition:
- The active substance of desloratadine hemisulfate;
- Auxiliary components: sorbitol and propylene glycol, citric acid and sodium cyclamate, dihydrate sodium citrate and hypromellose, disodium edetate dihydrate, flavor of almond and purified water.
Appoint Largestin in the form of syrup or tablets at pathologies of allergic nature. Indications for use drugs are:
- Rhinitis and lacrimation;
- Swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx and nasal congestion;
- The hyperemia of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx;
- Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis;
- Skin rash in dermatosis and dermatitis;
- Itching of the skin.
In the instructions for use Nordestina stated that contraindications to the use of this tool are:
- Individual intolerance to one or more components of the drug or hypersensitivity to the product;
- The period of gestation;
- Breastfeeding baby;
- Intolerance to sucrose and fructose;
- Children up to 1 year.
Important: the drug with caution designate of renal failure occurring in the decompensated form.
Despite the fact that reviews of doctors and patients about Landestine generally positive, should know that at initial admission Nordestina in the form of syrup or tablets the patient can be observed some weakness and possibly headache. After 2-3 days, this condition usually goes. If the side effects were not, should stop taking the drug and replace it with analog.
In very rare cases while taking the drug Largestin in any form, the patient may experience:
- Excitement and hyperactivity;
- Rapid heartbeat;
- Tenderness in the epigastrium;
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- Skin rashes;
- Anaphylactic shock or angioedema.
Important: clinically proven to clear sign of drug overdose — excessive sleepiness. In this case, the medication should be withdrawn and to perform lavage of the gastrointestinal tract.
Method of application and doses
Drug Largestin intended for ingestion. The syrup is dosed depending on the age of the patient. The dosage is as follows:
- Young patients at the age from 12 months to 5 years. The recommended dose is 2.5 ml suspension (syrup) using the measuring Cup 1 time a day.
- Patients from 5 to 11 years. Shown a single application of 5 ml of the drug once per day.
- Children from 11 years and adults can take 10 ml once a day or divide the dose into two doses per day.
The dosage of the drug in the tablets is:
- 1 tablet (5 mg) once a day for all categories and ages, patients over the age of 12. When you drink this pill regardless of the meal, liquid squeezed enough. It is recommended to take the drug at the same time of day to support its continued high concentration in the body, and hence to create the conditions for maximum therapeutic effect.
Important: the dose for patients with renal failure or liver should be required to adjust the doctor. Self-treatment in this case may entail negative consequences.
Analogues of the drug
If for some reasons you will need to replace Largestin another drug, then you can choose one of its analogues:
- Desloratadine in tablets. Indicated for allergic rhinitis and skin rash. With the price of 265 rubles (by 1.6.e.);
- Eliza tablets. Indications for use are the same pathology that Nordestina. The price of 170 rubles (of 2.54.e.);
- Aerius (syrup and tablets). The cost of the syrup is 637 rubles (9,38.e.). The pills are 595 rubles (8,90.e.);
- Gestagen tablets. The price of a pack of 10 starts from 598 rubles (approximately 9 in.e.);
- The lorad (tablets). The price of a pack starts from 350 rubles (about 4.8.e.).
It is important to understand that self-change drug can lead to undesirable consequences. Therefore, any changes in the treatment strategy to better align with the doctor. And remember, self-medication can aggravate the existing pathology, especially of the spruce was pre-diagnosis.