Ksimelin — usage instructions spray for kids
Ksimelin from allergies: instructions for use
For rhinitis of different nature otolaryngologists today are appointing as your large and small patients ksimelin spray or drops. The drug has an active effect on the mucous membranes of the nose causing a narrowing of the capillaries and as a result, the symptomatic relief of chronic, acute or allergic rhinitis. Us ksimelin and what’s it used for and how to use children’s medication and drug for adults are described below.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Indications for use
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
In Russian pharmacies drug ksimelin can be found in the form of a simple nasal drops and spray form. In fact, and in another case, the concentration of the main substance Xylometazoline in a drug can be 0.1% (for patients with rhinitis of different nature from age 6 years and older) or 0.05% (for children 2 to 6 years). Both drugs are sold in bottles equipped with an applicator or pipette. Capacity vials 10 ml or 15 ml. the Average price of the drug ranges from 68 RUB (of 1.17.e.). The most expensive is the drug ksimelin Extra. Its cost is around 170 rubles (nearly 3.e.). Price may vary depending on the region of its implementation and from online pharmacies in which it is presented.
Tip: for the treatment of very small nozzles, it is desirable to use a drop ksimelin (0,05%), rather than a jet spray. This is because the nasal passages in babies is too narrow and short. The spraying speed of the spray for the anatomy structure of the nose is too high. As a result, the spray of disease-causing nasal mucus can get into the ear canal, which would entail an inflammatory process in the eye.
In addition to the standard spray or droplets in the sale you can also find these types of drugs:
- Xymelin Eco (spray). Intended largely for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. The concentration of Xylometazoline (the active substance) may be 0.05% or 0.1%. The drug with a lower concentration of Xylometazoline (the active substance) recommended for children 2-10 years. A large concentration of the drug actually administered in a therapeutic tactic for patients of older age (from 6 years). Unlike standard tools from rhinitis xymelin Eco does not include in its composition a solution of benzalkonium. In addition, it includes hydrogenated castor oil, evkaliptola and levomenthol.
- Ksimelin Extra. Presented in pharmacies in the form of a spray and drops. But here the use of the drug in the treatment of children under the age of 18 is prohibited, as in the composition of the spray and drops in addition to other excipients include ipratropium bromide monohydrate. The drug is used only in the treatment of adult patients. The concentration of the substance Xylometazoline in Ksimelin Extra 0.05%, or 0.06%.
Pharmacological action of all listed Camelina is attributable to the effects of Xylometazoline. It affects the blood vessels of the nasal mucosa, causing their contraction. The drug acts only locally, not being absorbed into the bloodstream and lymph. The effect of the application of the drug starts almost immediately after using it, but rather after 1-2 minutes and is delayed until 10-12 hours.
Instructions for use and composition
The concentration of the main active substance of the medicine ksimelin may be in the product is 0.05 mg or 0.1 mg. this is evidenced by information on the vial with drops or spray. In addition to this substance the composition of the drug in both form complement the following components:
- Sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate;
- Purified water for injection;
- Of dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate sodium;
- Sodium chloride;
- Benzalkonium solution;
- Edetate disodium.
Indications for use
Nose drops ksimelin, as well as the spray, is prescribed in such cases:
- Rhinitis, seasonal allergic;
- SARS with the presence of rhinitis;
- Sinusitis and hay fever;
- When otitis media as a complex therapy;
- As a preparatory means before performing rhinoscopy.
Contraindications to the use of a medicinal product are:
- Glaucoma and other diseases of the retina;
- High blood pressure;
- Gipertireoze (elevated TSH level);
- Atrophic rhinitis;
- Surgery on the lining of the brain in anamnesis;
- Individual sensitivity or intolerance to the drug components;
- Diabetes mellitus (with caution);
- Angina (with caution);
- Adenoma of the prostate (with caution).
Important: ksimelin during pregnancy can be used only if the attending physician will assess the potential benefits for the health of the mother and properly adjust the dosage of the medicine.
If used improperly, medicines ksimelin in the instructions for use provided that the patient can show such side effects:
- Dryness of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx;
- Sneezing and burning in the nose;
- Swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- Arrhythmias and tachycardia;
- Sleep disorders;
- Blurred vision;
- Depression (prolonged use of the drug).
Method of application and doses
When using Camelina dosage and method of administration of the drug and its form should appoint only the attending physician depending on the initial condition of the patient, his age and his existing other chronic diseases (other States).
According to the instructions to the drug dosage can look like this:
- Drops Of 0.1 Ksimelin. Prescribed for rhinitis in patients over 6 years. The recommended dose is 2-3 drops in one nostril. In order to avoid overdose of the drug in this way is used as often as three times a day.
- Spray Of 0.1 Ksimelin. If you use such a treatment, in this case a single dose in one nostril should be 1 spray. Otherwise, you may experience the above side reactions. During the day is acceptable to make no more than three times of injections with a minimum interval of 6 hours.
- Drops of 0.05 ksimelin for children. Used to treat nose at kids 2-6 years old. The recommended single dosage for one nasal passage is a maximum of 2 drops. During the day you can drip spout so up to 2 times.
- Spray of 0.05 ksimelin children. Also used for toddlers and preschoolers 2-6 years. It is permissible to do 1 spray in each nostril not more often 2 times a day. The minimum interval between use of the drug should be 6-7 hours.
Therapy with the use of Camelina is no more than a week. Optimally 3-5 days. If you want to use the drug more than 7 days, the Clinician should assign a break of 3-5 days.
- In the treatment of rhinitis Camelina IVF patients older than 10 years, appoint not more than 1 dose spray in each nostril not more often two times a day. More frequent use of medication can lead to excessive dryness of the mucosa of the nasopharynx and even to its swelling.
- Ksimelin Extra for the nose you can use not more than 1 dose in each nostril and no more than 3 times per day.
Important: in any case, apply this product, preliminary having cleaned the nasal passages from dust and mucus.
Analogues of the drug
If for any reason there is a need to replace children’s ksimelin or a drug for adults, pharmacies can to find its analogues, in which the main active ingredient is Xylometazoline. Drugs represented in this list:
- Only (drop);
- Otrivin (spray and drops);
- Galazolin (drops and gel);
- Glycine (droplets);
- Snoop (only spray);
- Xylitol (spray and drops);
- Llanos (drops);
- Rinonorm (spray);
- Rinorus (drops);
- Ksilo-mephala (in spray form).
Reviews on these drugs is quite positive, and their main differences are pricing and country of origin. In addition, each mother needs to understand that self-replacement drug in the treatment of the child may entail unexpected consequences. Therefore, any adjustments in treatment strategy is better done with the consent of the attending physician. Remember, the health of your baby in Your hands.