Ketoconazole — instructions for use of tablets and ointments
Ketoconazole: instructions for use and method of production
To overcome the fungal infection of the upper and lower extremities, interdigital region and nails, to neutralize the pain, itching and burning help pills Ketoconazole. The drug is an antifungal drug that contribute to impaired development and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. The drug has several forms – cream, candles, pills, shampoo, ointments with ketoconazole.
- Composition, form release
- Pharmacological properties and indications for use
- Contraindications and possible adverse reactions
- Instructions for use of the drug Ketoconazole
- Analogues of antifungal drugs
Composition, form release
The main active ingredient of the medication regardless of the form of issue – ketoconazole. Cream ketoconazole includes 100 mg eponymous synthetic component. As auxiliary ingredients included mineral oil, purified water and other substances. Suppositories contain 200 mg of active ingredient.
Tablets contain Ketoconazole 200 mg eponymous component. Additional components – starch, corn, lactose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.
Important: drug complex, at the same time possesses anti-fungal, fungicidal, fungistatic and anti-androgenic effect.
Features of production:
- The ointment has the consistency of white color. Available in tubes of aluminium, the volume of which is 10, 15 or 25 g Tube Packed in a cardboard box;
- Suppositories white color, have a cylindrical shape. The cut sometimes there is an indentation in the shape of a funnel. Contour sold in packs of five;
- Tablets are yellowish, there is a notch on the surface on one side. Packed in blisters of ten. One is a cardboard bundle one or two blisters.
That the drug Ketoconazole analogues is the following: If (issued in the form of suppositories), Pepper (release form ointment and shampoo), Myocet (topical cream), etc.
Pharmacological properties and indications for use
Substance appears ketoconazole synthetic imidazole. Inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol, resulting in complete violation of lipid metabolism in the cell walls of fungi. The tool adversely affects Candida, dermatophytes, Epidermophyton floccosum.
When using the ointment active components are not subjected to systemic absorption, and therefore, even with prolonged therapeutic course component ketoconazole is not detected in the patient’s blood.
Tablet form of the drug has a high biological availability, which is more pronounced with the use of tablets together with food. If you observe this condition, the maximum concentration of the active component is observed after 1-2 hours after application. If the patient has a history of hyperacidity of the gastric juice, the absorption of drugs slows down.
Indications for use:
Important: Ketoconazole during pregnancy in pill form can not be accepted.
The drug is valid as monoreactive when treatment involves the use of a single medication, either included in a comprehensive treatment regimen along with other medicines.
Contraindications and possible adverse reactions
Drugs based on the active substance ketoconazole you have the following contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substances or to the drug in General;
- Violation of liver function, liver failure;
- Acute and chronic kidney disease.
During the therapeutic course strictly forbidden to take alcoholic drinks. As for treatment for pregnant women, Ketoconazole tablets can not drink. Means of local action are assigned according to the potential benefits and likely harm to the child in the womb.
Finding out what the drug is Ketoconazole, consider the side effects of the drug, depending on method of production:
Tablets penetrate into the circulatory system, therefore, can provoke the development of side effects of a systemic nature. Prevalence there are the following negative phenomena:
- Violation of the liver;
- Partial or complete loss of hair;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Severe skin itching, burning;
- The disruption of the digestive tract;
- Breast enlargement in men;
- Pain in the joints;
- Dizziness, sleep disturbance;
- Decreased libido in men and women.
In accordance with the radar Ketoconazole ointment is an effective medicine which is successfully struggling with many varieties of pathogenic microorganisms. According to the doctors, the medication is well tolerated, rarely develop «side effects».
Instructions for use of the drug Ketoconazole
Tablets Ketoconazole (as pictured) must be administered during a meal, washed down abundantly with clean water. The dosage is determined individually depending on severity of fungus. Usually prescribed to take 400 mg, active ingredient twice a day.
The use of ointments with ketoconazole is as follows:
After application is not recommended within the hour to wear any clothing, if processed under area thereof. When the drug is applied on the hand, this hand has nothing to do for half an hour.
Worth knowing: ketoconazole cream is applied once a day, preferably in the evening. If the affected area is in constant contact with clothing, the multiplicity of application – twice a day.
Instructions for use of Ketoconazole in tablets:
- When the diagnosis of paronychia appoint one or two tablets per day;
- For the treatment of onychomycosis may need 3-6 pieces a day;
- Against the background of a fungal pneumonia is recommended to take 5-6 tablets;
- When urogenital form of candidiasis is 1-2 tablets;
- For the treatment of multi – colored lichen- 1-2 tablets per day.
The shampoo should be applied to wet hair, leave on for five minutes, then rinse with warm water. The duration of application of the gel, ointments and tablets is determined by the patient’s history, the average varies from 4 to 8 weeks.
Analogues of antifungal drugs
If there are medical contraindications or because of individual intolerance of the drug the doctor prescribes remedies with similar action. Analogs are divided into two categories. The former include the medicines having the same active substance, the second – drugs that have a similar effect.
Consider some of the analogues medications Ketoconazole:
That the drug Ketoconazole and medication Clozaril contraindications and indications for use similar. In most cases, if the patient does not like the first tool, the second is not a good choice.
Antifungal medication Ketoconazole is an effective antifungal agent that helps in the shortest possible time to destroy a fungal infection on any part of the skin. Medication is always assigned to a medical specialist, we do not recommend self-treatment.