Intraductal papilloma of the breast
What is intraductal papilloma of the breast?
Cystadenofibroma or intraductal papilloma of the breast is a benign neoplasm that is formed from epithelial tissue excretory duct of the breast. This pathology is usually accompanied by severe discharge from the nipple and pain. In this article we will discuss symptoms of a papilloma of the breast, the varieties and treatments.
- Causes of viral infection
- Kind intraductal papillomas of the breast
- Depending on the number of formations:
- Depending on the location:
- Treatment and diagnosis
- Prevention of the disease
Causes of viral infection
According to international researches, intraductal papilloma of the breast is formed as a result of violation of the hormonal balance of the female body, and also with the HPV virus. Why else papillomas appear? The main reasons for the formation of papilloma of the breast include:
- ovarian dysfunction;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- various diseases of the endocrine system;
- polycystic ovary syndrome;
- cancer pathology associated with the reproductive system.
For information! In 10% of cases of papilloma in breast duct degenerates from a harmless tumor into a malignant tumor.
It should be noted, stresses and abortion could provoke a benign tumor of the breast. Also in women with ductal papilloma of the breast most frequently observed hereditary predisposition to the disease.
Main clinical symptoms of papilloma in the breast milk ducts is the presence of bloody discharge from the nipples. Also a symptom of papillomavirus in mammary gland is constantly dirty underwear. Typically, the discharge has a green, yellow, brown or blood-tinged hue.
For information! Selection when papillomatosis can be transparent, and as a rule, the liquid flow is only from one nipple.
The size of the formation can be two or three millimeters, and in some cases they reach fairly large sizes and are a few centimeters. Major education is quite easily detected by palpation. When squeezing the knot the patient feels a strong pain attacks also manifest as nipple discharge. The formation of an inflammatory process often becomes the main reason for the sealing of the walls of the tumor and leads to swelling of tissues.
Kind intraductal papillomas of the breast
In breast cancer there are two forms of breast disease, namely, intraductal formation in the breast:
Depending on the number of formations:
- multiple — location in the peripheral part of the gland;
- single — seat locations in the breast gland, namely in its Central part.
Depending on the location:
- Central located in the halo of the nipple.
For information! The development of cystadenofibroma breast cancer can develop in any part of the ductal system, namely, from nipples to ductal-lobular terminal structural units.
Intraductally the most dangerous type of virus is considered to be an HPV infection, depending on the number of entities, because most often they are reborn in malignancy of the breast or cancer.
Treatment and diagnosis
The first stage of diagnosis in breast cancer is visual inspection and palpation of the breast. As a rule, tumors of large size in the Central channel is determined to the touch on the halos can find a loose formation round shape. Squeezing the nipple causes pain and discharge in the form of droplets of blood.
For information! Compression of the breast, the tumor decreases in size and then later returns to its previous size.
After visual inspection perform a differential diagnosis, consisting of:
- laboratory investigations discharge from the nipple;
- ductography or contrasting rentgenografii affected by the milky stream;
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- ultrasound examination;
- x-ray examination of the breast or mammography;
- blood test for detection of tumor markers of the cancer cells in the breast.
Important! The consultation process in mammalogy, the doctor is obliged to eliminate the pumping from the patient secreted fluid from the gland, on the eve of the examination.
For the treatment vnutriportovaya papilloma of the breast used surgical method. This method is due to the fact that this pathology relates to precancerous lesions of the breast. According to statistics, intraductal papilloma are rarely resolved on their own, so treatment is necessary to prevent the development of recurrence. Methods of therapy include:
- Surgical removal is the primary method for treatment of tumors;
- Conservative treatment is performed to prevent the development of recurrence of HPV infection.
For information! The development of tumors klassificeret, as a pre-cancerous condition, so the treatment of folk ways is strictly prohibited.
Learn more about intraductally form of infection can see from the video
Conservative therapy consists of:
- antibiotics in the presence of strong inflammation.
- receiving vitamin a, E and C;
- receiving homeopathic remedies (Cyclodiene);
- receiving immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory drugs (Wobenzym);
- reception means that can alter the pathological process in the hyperplastic tissue of a mammary gland.
For information! Almost 99% identify papilloma of the breast attending physician assigns the removal of the tumor.
Surgical removal is the excision of tumors in the location of the duct within which it is located. To preserve the integrity of the shape of the breast the surgeon makes an incision around the areola, therefore there is access to the milky stream. When the lacteal tube is open, the specialist inspection and the detection of structural tissue changes, deletes all the damaged areas. It is worth noting the anesthesia for the operation is assigned based on the location of the papilloma. As a rule, use a local anaesthetic action. To obtain the aesthetic appearance of the breast on ghosting impose cosmetic seams, and a week later they are removed.
Prevention of the disease
Learn more about the symptoms of breast disease, you can see from the video
To eliminate formation of papillomavirus in breast will allow preventive examination by a mammologist and systematic self examination. The main preventive methods include:
- timely treatment of pathologies of the pelvic organs;
- complete cessation of Smoking;
- women over the age of 30 must undergo examination once a year by a mammologist;
- regular examination by a gynecologist;
- taking special medications, correction of hormonal disorders.
Papilloma of the breast is quite a dangerous disease that can cause the development of cancer pathology and destruction of other healthy organs. Upon detection of tumors or discharge from the nipple, it is recommended to immediately consult a specialist. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent degeneration of tumors from benign to malignant.