Instructions for use of Rinonorm and what helps spray
Drug Rinonorm: instructions for use
In various infectious and allergic diseases there is swelling of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, which leads to deterioration of nasal breathing and congestion mucous discharge. In such a situation it is very important to use a local vasoconstrictor drops and sprays to improve ventilation of the sinuses, evstafievich pipes and better drainage discharge. So you can protect yourself from complications of the disease and speed up the recovery. Many experts recommend to use a German drug Rinonorm. In our article contains full instruction on the use of Rinonorm.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
Rinonorm available in the form of spray in bottles of dark glass volume of 10 and 15 ml. Each bottle has a special nozzle for nasal metered-dose device. Nose drops of Rinonorm not made, a cure is produced only in the form of a spray.
This colorless transparent liquid refers to a group of vasoconstrictor drugs, intended for topical nasal use. If you are prescribed Rinonorm what this drug can be found in the annotations to the drug: this drug is a vasoconstrictor, namely, alpha-agonists, are related to the category protagonistin funds.
Rinonorm – nasal spray for children and adults when injected into the nose contributes to the narrowing of the lumen of arterioles, resulting in reduction of edema of the mucous nasopharynx and flushing. Also, the drug reduces the amount of discharge from the nasal mucous secretion. After using the drug a pronounced effect is already apparent after a couple of minutes and persists for 6-8 hours. Rinonorm restores patency of the sinuses and nasal passages, as well as evstafievich pipes. The drug helps to improve the health of the patient and reduce the possibility of the accession of complications due to stagnant mucous discharge.
Important! Because the drug is only used topically for the nose, the Xylometazoline is practically not absorbed into the bloodstream.
Instructions for use and composition
Rinonorm spray (adult and children) prescribed as a symptomatic treatment for treating such conditions and diseases:
- rhinitis viral and bacterial origin;
- allergic rhinitis in the acute phase;
- chronic sinusitis in the acute stage or acute sinusitis;
- otitis medium acute phase (the tool helps to improve the ventilation of the Eustachian tube by reducing swelling of the mucosa);
- the drug is used in the preparation of the patient for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the area of the nasal passages.
Main acting ingredient – Xylometazoline. Depending on the concentration of the main ingredient, there are two kinds of drugs:
- for children – the concentration of Xylometazoline 0.05 %;
- for adults it is Rinonorm concentrations of 0.1%.
The drug has the following additional components:
- the dihydrate of sodium citrate;
- citric acid monohydrate;
- glycerol 85 %;
- the injection water.
If you purchased Rinonorm, the instruction to the drug contains the following information regarding contraindications to its use, the drug is not prescribed for:
- dry atrophic rhinitis;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- the drug is not administered after gipofizektomii;
- spray do not use for children under two years of age;
- spray for adults are not prescribed to children under the age of ten;
- contraindication is hypersensitivity to one or more ingredients of the medicine.
Attention! With caution the drug is used in severe cardiac diseases, arterial hypertension, hyperthyroidism, diabetes and for the treatment of patients receiving bromocriptine.
Side effects of medications are:
Important! Medication is not administered in the period of carrying a baby. With extreme caution it is used during breastfeeding.
Method of application and doses
For the treatment of adults and children over the age of 10 prescribe a drug in concentrations of 0.1 %, which should be injected once in each nasal slit on more than 3 of R/D. For the treatment of children from the age of two to 10 years used the drug at a concentration of 0.05 %, which is also injected once in each nasal slit three times per night (not more).
The drug can be continuously used for no more than seven consecutive days, as otherwise there is a risk of recurrence of the symptoms of a disease due to the development of medical rhinitis. The interval between injections should be at least 6 h. a single injection or a single dose of the drug is equal to the volume of medicine equal to 0.14 ml.
Important! Before using drugs you must clear the passages of the nose mucous discharge, and during injection, it is desirable to make a shallow breath nose.
In the application of medicine is not mentioned any negative effects of Xylometazoline on the ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms. In case of overdose observed arrhythmia, increase in AD, rarely loss of consciousness. At simultaneous reception with Tetra — and tricyclic antidepressants increased systemic exposure to the main active ingredient – Xylometazoline. In a joint use with MAO inhibitors there is increasing pressure. Together allowed to use asthma medications and Rinonorm.
Analogues of the drug
If instead of spray Rinonorm you want to use a drug with similar composition and action in the form of drops, you can choose one remedy from the following list:
- for children you can buy drops Llanos;
- The asterisk Era – nasal drops for adults and children;
- Xylitol is in children’s and adult dosages;
- Ringstop in the bottle with the dropper can also be purchased in the dosage of 0.1% and 0.05 %.
Similar products spray:
- nasal spray Llanos is only suitable for the treatment of adults;
- there is also a spray Asterisk NHS;
- Xylitol in the form of 0.1% nasal spray;
- spray Rinitis from Dr. tice;
- for children you can buy Glycine Ksilo in the form of a spray;
- also Tizin Ksilo is the adult dosage is 0.1 %;
- Linestop spray for adults and children;
- Xylitol – oral spray.
Most inexpensive analog Rinonorm are nasal drops of Xylene. The most expensive drug with the same composition and action is the drug Tizin Ksilo. Before selecting another drug is prescribed by a doctor rinonorm the need to consult with a specialist.