Injections of sodium thiosulfate and instructions for their use
Instructions for use of injections of Sodium Thiosulfate
In severe cases or in the long course of Allergy in the absence of efficiency of application of local antihistamines patient may prescribe injections of sodium thiosulfate. Injections work as anti-toxic, cleansing the liver, intestines and blood. The result is a visible relief, the neutralization of allergic reactions and persistent therapeutic effect. How to take the drug Sodium Thiosulfate and in which cases it is more often prescribed, and what is the effect of this drug, are described below.
- Pharmacological effect and release form
- Instructions for use and composition
- Side effects
- Method of application and doses
- Intravenous drug
- Oral administration of the drug
- External application of Sodium Thiosulfate
- Analogues of the drug
Pharmacological effect and release form
The drug Sodium Thiosulfate is implemented in glass vials as a ready injectable solution. In General, the drug has initially the form of crystalline powder. Diluted with water for injection at a ratio of 1:1. Taste the granules of the powder slightly salty with a taste of bitterness.
Important: in alcohol the crystals of the powder of Sodium Thiosulfate is not dissolved.
In pharmacies of Russia presented the vial with a 30% solution of the drug. The ampoules have a capacity of 5, 10 or 50 ml. Vials are realized in cardboard packs of 5, 10 PCs in one pack. In addition to the pharmacy you can buy drugs for intravenous its introduction in the format of the dropper in terms of 300 mg funds per ml.
With the introduction of the drug inside its effects on the human body constructed as follows:
- The components of the means associated toxins associated with them to form non-toxic compounds. Especially good Sodium Thiosulfate works against heavy metals such as mercury, arsenic, lead, thallium.
- In addition, due to the presence of molecules of sulphur in its composition, the product is neutralize the corrosive sublimate, iodine, phenols and hydrocyanic acid in the patient’s body.
- Prevents absorption of toxins in the intestinal mucosa and stops their penetration into the blood.
Under the action of the drug in the patient’s body there are positive processes:
- Intensively purifies the liver of toxins;
- Improves the functioning of the digestive tract;
- Retreating symptoms of allergies;
- Improves the condition of nails, skin and hair.
Important: the drug can be taken not only intravenously, but also orally or topically. But the maximum effect is still achieved with intravenous administration of the drug.
Instructions for use and composition
If the reader wants to know what is in the drug Sodium Thiosulfate, then bring that composition of the solution for injection comprises the following components:
- Sodium thiosulfate (the active ingredient);
- Sodium bicarbonate (excipient);
- Water for injection (auxiliary component).
Indications for intravenous injections in accordance with the instructions for use are:
- Allergic reactions of a patient’s body in a long form (dermatitis, pollinosis, allergic contact or food, alcohol intoxication);
- Acute intoxication by heavy metals, salts of bromine, hydrocyanic acid, iodine;
- Lupus erythematosus;
- Diseases of the liver and pancreas;
- Scabies (only externally and in combination with sulphur solution of hydrochloric).
Contraindications to the use of medicines are:
- The period of breastfeeding of the baby;
- Children under 18 years of age;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug and their intolerance.
If the patient will be marked overdose medicines, can show such side effects or reactions:
- The decrease in total blood volume in the body that hampers the functioning of the heart, kidneys and liver;
- Drop in blood pressure in the acute form;
- Allergic reactions intolerance of components of a solution for injection.
Method of application and doses
Drugs Sodium Thiosulfate (injection and dropper) can be taken intravenously, orally and topically. The dosage only appoint a doctor.
In this case the largest dose use the injection of 50 ml single. This dosage is indicated for cases of poisoning by salts of heavy metals (mercury, lead, arsenic, etc.). If necessary, your doctor may prescribe another injection with dose reduction in two times. Such tactics of treatment in very severe cases and only in a hospital.
Average dosage 5-10 ml single injected with toxic poisoning and allergic reactions average weight.
It is important to understand that injections of the drug are transferred initially difficult, so the intravenous injection should be put very slowly. First, the injection itself is painful. Second, if too rapid injection of sodium thiosulfate intravenous can fall sharply HELL. The slow introduction of the drug gives the body a chance to adapt to what is happening in it processes. In addition, intravenous injections of Sodium Thiosulfate in a patient observed slight dizziness and nausea. Then the patient feels initial fever and then chills.
The course of treatment with injections of Sodium Thiosulfate is an average of 20 injections. But the exact treatment prescribed by the physician depending on the patient’s condition.
Important: after intravenous injection, the patient should remain in supine position for another half hour to stabilize the HELL.
Oral administration of the drug
Internal use of the drug is less pronounced therapeutic effect. Often, however, an allergist or dermatologist prescribes medicine and in this form. For the preparation of oral solution must be mixed two vials of the drug with a glass of drinking water and drink it, drinking any citrus juice, because the taste of diluted Sodium Thiosulfate, to put it mildly, peculiar. Ready dose (glass solution) needs to be divided into two times to drink the first half after Breakfast and the second after dinner. The treatment course is 10-14 days.
Important: when taking the drug orally in the form of drinking on an empty stomach may cause diarrhea. Therefore, the drug should be taken in this form very carefully. If you experience this side effect, is to abandon the Sodium Thiosulfate. Before you start treatment with this medicine it is advisable to change the diet by excluding meat, dairy products, coffee, alcohol and fast food.
External application of Sodium Thiosulfate
To reduce allergic reactions on the skin and other skin rashes your doctor may recommend the use of a solution of Sodium Thiosulfate topically. Here treatment technique looks like this:
Important: this application should be left on the skin for 2-3 days, and only then can all be washed away.
Analogues of the drug
If necessary, Sodium Thiosulfate can be replaced with analogs. To this end, in Russian pharmacies are drugs analogs of:
- Pills of Potassium iodine, Algiers, Ferrocene and Lobesil;
- Powders for the preparation of the detox suspensions Ferrocene and Algiers;
- Ampoule and liquid for intravenous use — the Protamine-Verein, Protamine sulfate, Anexat and Pentacin, Brayden and Protamine (a homeopathic remedy);
- Capsules in the form of drugs Azizol and zoreks;
- Intramuscular injections (ampoules) — Aziza, Carboxyl or Paliksim;
- Ampoules for hypodermic use of Apomorphine hydrochloride.
Whichever types of drug choose a reader, it is important to remember that self-medication can lead to unexpected and/or negative consequences. Therefore, it is important any treatment is carried out under the supervision of a specialist. Remember, your health and your life in your hands.