In the ears fungus in humans: treatment and symptoms of otomycosis
Fungus in ears in humans: causes and treatment
One of the most frequent problems that attend the modern physician otolaryngologist is an ear fungus. This pathology gives the patient a lot of discomfort, ranging from serous discharge from the ear and itching in it to extremely unpleasant odors. Looks like atomikos ear and how to deal with it, are investigated in detail in the material below.
- Causes of otomycosis
- Symptoms and diagnosis of fungal infection in ear
- Diagnosis of otomycosis
- Classification of ear fungus
- Treatment of fungus (otomycosis) medicines
- Folk remedies for the treatment of otomycosis
- Prevention of fungus in my ears
Causes of otomycosis
A fungal disease of the auditory canal is formed as a secondary problem due to earlier earlier pathologies of the ear, or any viral/fungal infections. So, the fungus in the ears may develop as a consequence of such diseases:
- Candidiasis of skin and mucous membranes;
- Atopic dermatitis and eczema;
- Dermatitis of any etiology;
- Purulent otitis and other inflammatory processes in the ear in which the normal flora in the ear tunnel passes before the onslaught of the fungus.
In all these cases, when combing problem areas pathogenic flora can penetrate into the ear canal and begin their active growth.
External factors provoking the development of otomycosis include:
- Prolonged exposure to dusty and waterlogged area;
- Stay in the premises for the appointment of salvage (waste, etc.);
- The work of a dresser with lots of others things;
- Frequent visits to saunas, swimming pools;
- Injuries of the ear and ear canal headset (headphones devices for the hearing impaired);
- The period after surgery.
Important: in addition, atomikos may develop on the background of prolonged treatment with corticosteroids, antibiotics, which are part of the drops for the ear. In this case, the surface of the auditory tunnel becomes loose that is the perfect breeding ground for fungus.
Symptoms and diagnosis of fungal infection in ear
If the patient is suspected fungus of the ears (or one shell), confirm their these symptoms of otomycosis, the treatment of which is difficult. So in the affected ear would be:
- Thick secretions in the shell with black, white or yellow;
- Pain in the ear and almost constant itching;
- Swelling and redness of the outer ear;
- Hearing impairment in people with otomycosis;
- Narrowing of the external ear and some congestion.
Diagnosis of otomycosis
To diagnose a fungus in the ear, the doctor the otolaryngologist should carefully inspect the shell body with the use of special tools. If you suspect ear fungus in humans, the doctor will see such changes in the ear canal:
- Uneven bulging of the tympanic membrane, which is similar to its perforation;
- The presence of infiltrates in the bone Department;
- The allocation cholesteatomas and caseous masses with sharp and unpleasant smell;
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane during the development of otomycosis in the background of suppurative otitis media.
The specialist can determine the type of fungus by color allocated to the masses:
- So, if the discharge has a gray tone with black inclusions, so the fungus in the ear caused by fungi Aspergillus niger;
- If the color selections are gray-yellow, or close to the green, then blame the mushroom from the group of Penicillium;
- If the discharge is white, bright and cheesy, the ear was struck by the fungus Candida.
Verify the type of the attacking fungus in laboratory studies. For this, the patient takes the discharge from the body and sent for culture. The result of the study is ready 8-10 days.
Important: atomikos can proceed very long, alternating cycles of exacerbation and remission are deceptive. Critical periods associated with the growth of the fungus in the diseased organ. In this case, the symptoms of the fungus and its symptoms will be more pronounced.
Classification of ear fungus
Fungus in the ear can be classified according to the type of localization of pathogens and intensity of development of pathological processes. Distinguish between these types of diseases:
- Outdoor fungus. In this case, the patient affected only the outer ear. This pathology occurs in almost half of all patients with ear problems. When the outer otomikozy the ear canal narrows. Often even to the point that the patient does not see the ear tunnel. While there is pain (especially at night). In the case of attempts to clean the ear fungus progresses down the tunnel, which is extremely good. The patient may be pain when swallowing and inflammation of the parotid lymph nodes.
- Average mycotic otitis. In this case, the fungi in the ears, symptoms and treatment which we consider in this article, are the result of purulent otitis media complicated. That is, to the bacterial lesions of the auricle joins and fungal infection. In patients with secondary mycotic otitis there is pain in ears day and night, noise, itching, headache.
- Fungal meningit. Here the fungus is localized on the eardrum, which greatly reduces its mobility. Patient has significant hearing loss. The membrane swells and reddens.
- Postoperative atomikos. In this case, the patient noted pain in the ear after the surgery, pain behind ear, discharge from the ear.
Treatment of fungus (otomycosis) medicines
To treat fungus in the ears to be effective, it is first necessary to efficiently irrigate the ear canal. Ideally, if it makes the doctor in the clinic, because when the independent careless washing, there is a risk of damaging the eardrum. The rest of the treatment of otomycosis build according to this scheme:
- Analgesics in case of severe pain syndrome;
- Application of antifungal ear drops are produced on the basis of Ketoconazole or Clotrimazole. Suitable ointments Miconazole, Clotrimazole, etc.;
- The fungus behind the ears can be treated with special ointments based on the same components;
- If the disease is acute and severe then the doctor prescribes the treatment of otomycosis antifungal pills. In particular, prescribed fluconazole, Ketoconazole. The course of treatment is 7 to 14 days. Learn more about how to treat the illness and how long, tell the attending physician;
- Diabetics and the elderly the fungus of the ears requires thorough treatment, as fungal infection may reach the middle ear and even the bones of the skull. In this case, the patient should be in hospital, and the treatment is carried out with the use of droppers.
Important: acceptance antimycotic tablets is contraindicated in patients with insufficiency of the liver and kidneys.
Before using ear drops to treat fungus in the ears of a person must use such medications (solutions):
- Hydrogen peroxide;
- Liquid Burova (5%).
If you are interested in how to get rid of the fungus, these solutions help to dissolve the thick contents of the ear tunnel to the quality of its purification and further use of antifungal drops.
Folk remedies for the treatment of otomycosis
To combat the fungus in ear home it is important to use primarily dry heat. This procedure will work on the creation of unfavorable conditions for propagation of the fungus. After all, normal pathogenic flora loves humid heat. Very good to dry the ear canal after cleaning the secretions from his usual Hairdryer. The air is warm and directed to the auditory tunnel. A day, you can do 2-3 such approach.
In addition, you can use these traditional methods to treat fungus in ears in humans:
- Onion juice is a great home remedy for otomycosis. To do this, one onion cut in half and half peeled and grated. The second half of the eat, and the juice from the resulting pulp is dropped into the affected ear fungus in an amount of 5 drops at night. The course of treatment is 5 days.
- Homemade ointment for fungus in the ears, made with olive oil and garlic. To prepare means you need to mix olive oil and a little crushed garlic, and warm the mixture over low heat for 2-3 hours. Means lubricate the ear the course of 10 days.
- Acetic or malic acid 2%. Mixture wipe the previously cleaned of secretions from the sink, which is very effective in atomikos. But it is necessary to be very careful and in any case not to drip acid into the tunnel. Can cause severe burns.
Important: in self-treatment of fungus of the ear in any case you cannot use drugs-drop against otitis media. The fact that they are designed on the basis of antibiotics, and this means that will contribute to the reproduction of the fungus.
Prevention of fungus in my ears
Not to wonder how to treat fungus in the ears, it is best to observe some preventive measures. These are:
- The content of the ears are clean and fine with early, but not too hard sulfur removal. It is enough to wash the ears when washing once a day, and then the treatment for ear fungus is not required. It is worth remembering that sulfur is a protective environment to the ear canal;
- Try not to injure the ear canal headphones and other small items;
- Do not touch the ears (especially the ear canal) contaminated hands, so as not to provoke fungal diseases of the ears have adults and children;
- Do not give to children and ourselves are not too hard to use cotton buds;
- To avoid the use of one towel with a sick otomycosis relative. The fungus is contagious and can be transmitted through personal care items;
- Time to treat infectious disease, including otitis media.
Remember, using any means from a fungus in the ears will not be relevant to you if you will adhere to the rules above. It is important not to create for pathogenic flora of favorable conditions, and then no treatment medicines, nor treatment of folk remedies is not required.