How to treat chickenpox in children: clinical manifestations and diagnosis of
How to treat chickenpox in young children?
Chickenpox is a viral infectious disease most often seen in children aged from 1 year to 5 years. The disease is characterized by the presence of a spotted papular-vesicular rash scattered all over the skin. Typically, chickenpox occurs without complications and negative consequences for the child’s body. In this article we will tell you how to treat chickenpox in children what medicines to use when the chicken pox?
- The causes and mechanisms of development of smallpox
- Clinical manifestations
- The typical form
- Atypical form
- Diagnosis of the disease
- Treatment of chickenpox
The causes and mechanisms of development of smallpox
Varicella is the causative agent of an infectious disease, which belongs to the third type of the herpes virus. The source of infection is a sick child who can infect children only 3 days before the beginning of the formation of the rash. Usually, you can catch the first 7 days since the last rashes on the skin.
For information! The virus that causes chickenpox can live more than 10-15 minutes outside the body.
The mechanism of transmission of infectious diseases is reduced to a droplet method. Typically, bacteria spread in the process of a sneeze, talk or cough. The important point is that chickenpox is considered highly contagious disease, the bacteria which strive for a 100% lesion of the child’s body. Infection enters through the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract, then the bacteria pass through the bloodstream and settle in cells of the epithelium. Resulting in chickenpox in children consist of:
- exfoliation of the skin in the affected areas with the virus;
- the formation of serous edema, which occurs due to the release of part of the fluid through the vessel;
- the expansion of the capillaries and the formation of spots.
When the chickenpox the child has itching, increased body temperature, and General condition of the depressed and weak. Bacteria that enter the bloodstream, causing severe intoxication. As a rule, children who have had the chicken pox and become resistant lifelong immunity to the virus.
Varicella is classified by severity, each of which is accompanied by certain symptoms. The degree of chickenpox are:
- Mild form is characterized by satisfactory condition, the presence of the temperature to 39S degrees, individual entities of the rash;
- Moderate form is characterized by severe intoxication with a large number of lesions, loss of appetite, fever 39S degrees, which can hold about a week;
- Severe form is characterized by severe intoxication, fever, temperature reaches 40C degrees, can stay 9-10 days, the presence of a large number of lesions not only the skin, but to mucous.
For information! Treatment of chickenpox in children depends on the form of the disease.
When the chickenpox there are two main forms of occurrence of a pathology that is characterized by particular symptoms.
The typical form
Accompanied by fever, rash, passing different stages (spots, nodules, blisters and scabs), General weakness. The typical form of pathology is divided into:
- erased — type is characterized by the presence of temperature, the symptoms are not expressed clearly, General condition normal, the rash has a small affected area of the skin, and sometimes even can be absent;
- bullous type is accompanied by large vesicles and large bullae within which there is yellow liquid, after their disclosure crusts are formed.
For information! Bullous form of chickenpox is most common in children under 2 years.
Atypical form of disease involves three types, which are manifested pronounced symptoms and may have consequences. The atypical form is divided into:
- generalized type is characterized by a strong involvement of the viscera, is in serious complications and can even be fatal;
- the gangrenous type is characterized by the presence of bubbles with purulent and bloody content, is also able to cause death;
- the hemorrhagic type occurs when the problems and damages of the vascular walls, the formation of bleeding.
For information! Generalized windmill type occurs if a patient is treated with steroid drugs.
It should be noted, the shape and course of the disease depends on the age of the baby. That is the type of the disease depends on how to treat chickenpox in children.
Diagnosis of the disease
In modern medicine, the use method of pre-setting the diagnosis. It is based on common complaints, anamnesis of disease and primary inspection of the child. Laboratory blood analysis allows to reveal elevated levels of ESR. Based on the results of studies choose the best method of therapy.
Treatment of chickenpox
How to treat chickenpox in young children? You should understand all the methods of treatment of disease aims to eliminate symptoms: temperature, itching, rashes and headaches. In order to cure the chicken pox are advised to stay in bed, the diet should be balanced and vitamin, and you also need to eliminate the scratching bubbles. How to treat chickenpox in children? As a rule, use the ointment Famciclovir, Ganciclovir or Acyclovir. To correct temperature it is recommended to use Nurofen, give antipyretics according to the annotation.
For information! In the formation of layering a secondary bacterial infection it is best to use antibiotics. Treatment of RAS is recommended to be performed using solutions of aniline dyes.
In the presence of lesions in the oral cavity it is recommended to use mouthwash, for example, Hexetidine or Hlorofillipt. Children older than 3 years you can use the decoction of chamomile and oak bark.
Chickenpox is a common illness among children that does not require specific treatment. However, if you have unusual symptoms, parents should immediately seek help from a specialist. Special attention in the treatment of smallpox should be given during adolescence, because the course of the disease can cause complex and irreversible processes.