Hemangioma in adults: causes and types of diseases
Symptoms of hemangioma in adults: types and treatment
- Hemangioma: description, symptoms, types, risk
- Causes of hemangioma development
- Types of hemangioma on the type of localization
- Hemangioma in different ages
- Types of tumors on the structure
- Features of hemangiomas, depending on location
- Skin hemangioma
- Hemangioma of the body
- Hemangioma on the face, head, lips, nose.
- Hemangioma other organs
- Diagnosis and General principles of treatment
Hemangioma: description, symptoms, types, risk
Hemangioma in adults – what is it? Education is not oncological in nature, which occurs due to congenital venous anomalies. The tumor can form anywhere where is a network of vessels. First hemangioma brings an aesthetic inconvenience, but the disease can cause more serious health problems.
Causes of hemangioma development
At the moment the cause of the disease is not established, but there are actual hypotheses about the formation of this disease. It is known that hemangioma arises because of genetic mutations or heredity. To intensify the formation of tumors in the adult may different factors:
- the radiation exposure;
- prolonged exposure to UV rays;
- frequent overcooling;
- prolonged stress;
- accommodation near hazardous industries;
- the tendency to thrombosis;
- pathology of veins and vessels;
- frequent injuries.
The theory that it is an innate feature, and the origin of vascular hemangioma is causing a viral infection. The toxic effects of the virus causes the fetus a tendency to the formation of internal or surface hemangiomas. The tumor may occur in infancy or in the adult.
Potential risks associated with hemangioma:
- the formation of blood clots;
- violation of blood coagulability;
- damage functionality damage to adjacent organs.
In itself, the formation of benign, danger to life is not. The tumor is transformed into a malignant.
Types of hemangioma on the type of localization
Hemangiomas are divided into types according to the type of structure, age of the patient and other factors. Also there are three types of tumors, depending on location of tumor:
Please note! Hemangiomas grow quickly and can re-form after removal. But uncontrolled growth can cause the spread of damage to neighboring tissues and organs and cause the formation of hemorrhage. So, hemangioma can cause blindness due to detachment of the retina.
Hemangioma in different ages
Education differ on two kinds depending on the age of the patient. The infantile form of hemangioma is often confirmed newborn girls. Tumors tend to occur on the neck or in the head. Tumor under skin looks like a reddish spot, which usually resolves itself to 7-9 years. The tumor is not removed if its location does not threaten other organs.
Hemangioma in adults treat senile type. They usually look like red crimson bumps like moles. But the tumor consists of venous structures but is not pigmented area of skin. It is not known why there are hemangiomas in adults, but can cause disease age-related changes, ultraviolet rays and other factors.
Types of tumors on the structure
The doctors share a hemangioma on the structure type of the tumor, this figure further affects the method of treatment of the disease.
Important! Size, symptomatology and clinical picture of hemangiomas depend on the degree of tissue damage, the type of tumor. Tumors can be measured in millimeters or several centimeters.
Features of hemangiomas, depending on location
Localization of the tumor can affect the quality of life or accelerate the growth of the disease.
- Hemangioma on the leg is a frequent damage to tumors, fractures, pain, increase in infections of the adjacent tissues.
- Hemangioma on finger – a common chemical, UV and mechanical effects provoke damage of the tumor and its rapid growth.
- A tumor on the language may be difficult or slurred speech, interfere with chewing, cause constant discomfort.
Hemangioma of the skin in adults can be on any area of the body, because symptoms does not depend on whether the tumor on the arm, cheek or butt cheek. Characteristics of skin tumors:
- A small dais with a red, pink, purple;
- Deep infiltration of the causes of pathological processes: cracks, sores, hypermotility, increased hairiness.
- Around tumors may experience a tactile sensation, «tingling», numbness.
- If cutaneous hemangioma is induced near the eyes, nose, ears, the possible disorders of these organs.
Hemangioma of the body
Symptoms of hemangioma on the body leaving the skin type of the tumor. Observed raised, tender red painful education.
The characteristics of this location:
- Pain, bleeding, ulceration;
- Frequent localization on the leg, shoulder, axilla, finger, breast;
- The rapid growth of tumors;
- There is a risk of infiltration into the muscles, ribs, leading to serious internal diseases.
Hemangioma on the face, head, lips, nose.
Raised, tender, reddish tumor that is bringing discomfort and pain. Increases the risk of damage to the organs of sight, hearing, bones of the skull, brain, ear, tongue.
Important! When the diagnosis of hemangioma during pregnancy a woman needs to be monitored, as the tumor tend to grow quickly while raising the levels of estrogen and increased blood flow.
Hemangioma of the kidney is extremely rare. Education increases, causing the symptoms:
- Lumbar pain, a irradiating to the groin;
- Not controlled hypertension;
Hemangioma other organs
Hemangioma can lokalizirutesa and other bodies:
- The liver or gallbladder. The disease is without symptoms, so the tumor detected by chance: in RMT, CT or ultrasound. Hemangioma often appears in women 35-40 years.
- Spine. Vertebral hemangioma appears intractable pain of the back, which are not eliminated by rubbing with an ointment or massage.
- Of the brain. About hemangioma of the brain signal often puke-retching, headache, muscle weakness, dizziness. Also with the disease may experience seizures, convulsions, tinnitus, paralysis.
Diagnosis and General principles of treatment
If the disease has a cutaneous manifestation, an experienced dermatologist quickly establishes the nature of the tumor. Internal hemangiomas are diagnosed by ultrasound, ET, or MRI.
In most cases, the patient should be seen by a doctor, the active action is taken if complications and rapid growth of the tumor.
Treatment is indicated in:
- the location of the tumor near the eye, ears, respiratory system;
- the presence of cracks and ulcers, bleeding;
- the growth of the tumor on the internal organs and tissues.
Treatment may include therapy or surgery. Surgical intervention may include:
- excision with a scalpel;
- laser removal;
- the introduction of sclerosing agents.
However, hemangiomas often shows a tendency to spontaneous reduction and complete resorption, especially in children. So don’t worry if the doctor sees no need in immediate removal of the tumor. The patient may insist on the immediate removal of the tumor, if it brings psychological or aesthetic suffering hemangioma on the face, neck, decollete, fingers or lips.