Genferon ® candles: instructions for use in gynecology and light for children
Candles Genferon®: instructions for use, dosage and analogues
All preparations of interferonov used to support and strengthen the body’s defenses when attacking viruses. One of today’s popular medicines of this group are Genferon ® candles. The drug is realized in pharmacies without a prescription. Detailed instructions for use Genferon ® suggested below.
- Description, release form and composition of the drug
- Indications for use
- Dosage and methods of use
- Overdose, and side effects
- Reception during pregnancy
Description, release form and composition of the drug
The drug is produced in the form of suppositories for rectal (men, children), and vaginal (women) applications. For children the candles genferon ® light are preferable since the concentration of active substance in them is slightly less. Candles are produced in cylindrical shape with one pointed end. Shade suppositories white or slightly yellowish. In the context of the candle has a dense homogeneous structure, however, is normal and the rare presence of the air core.
Composition of one suppository is:
- Recombinant human alpha-2 interferon;
- Benzocaine, taurine and additional auxiliary components.
Candles Genferon ® for children and adults are active antiviral action. When you hit the main active substance in the body is activation of specific enzymes that inhibit the development and reproduction of the virus. Additionally, the components of the drug contribute to the strengthening of the immune forces of the body. Due to this, all independently and productively struggle to suppress the virus attack.
The drug is realized in cartons of 10 pieces each and 5 suppositories in a blister.
Indications for use
Manual candles genferon ® light and Genferon ® contains information that suppositories are indicated for various conditions and pathologies of infectious-inflammatory nature:
- Ureaplasmas and chlamydia;
- Genital herpes;
- Bacterial vaginosis;
- Candidiasis in vaginal relapse;
- Cervicitis and vulvovaginitis;
- Cervical erosion;
- The human papillomavirus;
- Urethritis acute and chronic;
- Balanoposthitis and prostatitis;
- Adnexitis and balanitis.
In children the drug is used in the composition of the well-matched complex treatment for complex viral infections, including SARS.
Dosage and methods of use
The dosage and course of treatment drug Genferon ® needs to select only the attending physician depending on the disease and the General condition of the patient. However, there are some General manufacturer’s recommended dosage of drug. They look like this:
- Genferon ® candles according to the instructions for use in gynecology is used vaginally. Suppositories inserted into the vagina after a hygienic shower twice a day — at night and in the morning. Daily dosage of 500,000 IU or 1,000,000 IU. The course of therapy is 7-10 days. In case if the patient noted recurrent pathology, candles can take up to 3 months. The drug is prescribed 1 suppository three times in seven days (i.e. a day) at night.
- Men with urogenital viral infections Genferon ® candles according to the instructions administered rectally twice daily one suppository. Candle enter into the rectum after a bowel movement in the morning and at night. Daily dosage is 1-2 million IU a course of 10 days.
- Children aged 1-7 years prescribed the use of candles genferon ® light in a dosage of 125 000 IU. Older children aged 7-14 years the dosage of drug used may be 250 000 IU. Put the candles at night once a day.
Overdose, and side effects
The most common side effect when using genferon ® is an allergic rash. When you increase the side effect should stop taking the drug and inform your doctor.
Extremely rare side effects are:
- The rise in temperature to subfebrile and above;
- Loss of appetite;
Important: in cases of overdose with the drug to date has not been revealed, as evidenced by the reviews about candles Genferon®. However, it should not exceed the manufacturer’s recommended dose of any medication.
Reception during pregnancy
During pregnancy candles Genferon ® and genferon ® light can be used, but only under two conditions:
- The period of gestation is over 12 weeks;
- A treating physician who had previously evaluated the potential benefit to the mother and risks to the fetus.
Contraindications to the medication are:
- Children up to age 1 year (drug genferon ® light);
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to the drug;
- The tendency to allergic reactions;
- Autoimmune diseases;
- Pregnancy for the 1st trimester.
Replace if necessary Genferon ® can drugs-analogues. These are Kipferon and Viferon. The active ingredient in these drugs also interferon. The only difference in auxiliary substances. The effectiveness of analogues is the same as from the use of the genferon ® and genferon ® light.
Important: with frequent viral infections with prolonged use of antiviral agents from the group interferonov doctors recommend changing medications in order not to allow the virus to get used to the same components of the drug.