Fungus in the groin in men — how to treat in the groin area
How to treat fungus in groin in men?
Fungal disease periodically overtake equally for both women and men. But here’s the fungus in the groin – the problem is exclusively male. Problem choose strong representatives of humanity due to excessive sweating in the intimate area and on the background of abundant hairline there. Looks like a fungus on the scrotum and groin, as well as how to deal with it understand our material.
- Causes of fungus (athlete’s) in the groin in men
- Symptoms of fungus in the groin in men
- Drug treatment of the disease
- Folk remedies fight against the inguinal fungus
- Prevention of epidermofitia men
Causes of fungus (athlete’s) in the groin in men
Fungus in the groin in men is formed under the influence of precipitating factors. It is worth to note that athlete’s foot develops because of a fungus of the genus Candida, which normally lives on the surface of the skin in the groin and feeds on dead skin cells. But under favorable factors (in our case, provoke) mushroom aktiviziruyutsya the development of the disease. To provoking factors in the development of the fungus in the groin area in men include:
- Excessive sweating in the groin area;
- Failure to comply with the rules in this intimate hygiene;
- Wearing tight and synthetic underwear and the friction of the skin in the groin;
- Frequent visits to saunas, baths;
- Living in a humid and hot climate;
- The deficiency of b vitamins;
- Stay in the same bed with an infected partner;
- Fungal infection of the feet.
Here it is also worth noting that the fungus in the groin can develop in men who are at risk. Such include:
- Patients receiving courses of treatment with cytostatics, antibiotics or hormonal drugs;
- Men with infections in the chronic form;
- Patients with disorders of the endocrine system;
- Men are subjected to frequent stress;
- Diabetics and patients with overweight;
- Patients with abnormalities of the cardiovascular system;
- Men with sedentary work.
Symptoms of fungus in the groin in men
Fungus in groin area men developing almost rapidly. While the clinical picture is as follows:
- Primarily in the groin formed a rather extensive red spot, the surface which can peel off;
- Later, the spot grows in scale and becomes more dark shade;
- Further to the formed spot light is connected and first periodic itching. While itching may be replaced by a tingling and tingling. A little later, the itching becomes constant;
- With increased itching and burning on the surface of the spot begin to form small lesions with liquid content.
- After some time (1-2 days) lesions begin to burst, and their contents to come out. In place spots now begin to form erosions and ulcers, with oozing;
- Not here for the benefit of the patient plays and the constant friction of inguinal skin folds. As a result, the mycosis in the groin area that affects all large areas under the influence of the movement of the fungus over the surface of the skin;
- And at the last stage on the surface of the affected areas of the skin begin to appear cracks.
Important: for an accurate diagnosis you need to take a scraping from the affected skin.
Drug treatment of the disease
You should know that the treatment of fungus in the groin — a task only for a professional dermatologist. Alone to fight the disease various extraneous ointments and lotions is strictly prohibited. Especially when using the alleged unauthorized drugs and cosmetics can be highly lubricated picture of the disease and the taking of scrapings may appear incorrect result. Hence the treatment of the inguinal fungus may be ineffective.
Important: the protracted illness and delays in treatment can cause serious complications in the male body.
In particular, after a diagnosis of «epidermofitia» to treat groin fungus in men your doctor may prescribe these external preparations — ointments fungus in the groin:
If the disease is at an early stage, the use of such ointments for fungus in the groin in men can completely eliminate the disease in one to two weeks. The ointment should be applied to washed with soap and water skin and dried. Cream or ointment applied in a thin layer on the spots and some adjacent healthy skin. This will prevent the spread of the fungus.
Important: to mix together the ointment against the fungus simultaneous application of several of their species is prohibited.
For internal use with the aim of suppressing the growth of fungus is prescribed such medications in pill form:
- Fluconazole, etc.
To reduce itching and burning your doctor may prescribe antihistamine tablets:
- Zyrtec and Loratidine;
- Diazolin etc.
In severe cases, with deep and extensive skin lesions in the groin administered glucocorticosteroid drugs, such as Miconazole or When.
To cure the fungus part of the pubic and groin area, you can use lotions from such medical antifungal solutions:
- Liquid Burova;
- A solution of resorcinol (1%);
- Calcium chloride solution (10%).
Important: on the background of the therapy important will be the strengthening of the immune system with the reception of immunomodulators and vitamin complexes.
Folk remedies fight against the inguinal fungus
If defeated a fungus in the groin in men and how to treat it you do not know, after consultation with your doctor you can use the following folk remedies:
- The therapeutic compress of decoction of yarrow, flax seed and oak bark. To prepare the broth should take all these herbs in equal doses and mix them together. Then take one spoonful of mixture and fill with water (200 ml). The broth is simmered for 10 minutes, and then insist at least 2 hours. Defended a decoction of the tail and is used for lotions. That is applied to the affected skin soaked in the decoction of the bandage. After these procedures, the question of how to treat inguinal fungus men more not there.
- To defeat the fungus between your legs in the groin effektivnoe the treatment can be carried out with the use of herbal decoction of chamomile, eucalyptus, Hypericum, bilberry and yarrow. The mixture of herbs in the amount of 2 tablespoons pour 1 liter of boiled hot water. Palwater bring to the boil and simmering on slow fire for another 5 minutes. The tool then insist half an hour and the tail. Ready the drug need to drink 0.5 cups three times a day course of 20 days.
- Lotions of infusion of birch leaves. For making funds take birch leaves (2 tablespoons tablespoons) and pour 500 ml of vodka. Drug insist 5 days, then tsedyat and used as the means for lubrication of affected skin before going to sleep, no matter what were the causes of the fungus.
- If you are looking for the answer to the question, how to get rid of the inguinal fungus can be used as raw material for medical compresses the flesh of the radish. The vegetable should be washed, peel and grate on a fine grater. The finished mass is applied to the affected by the fungus the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- If the reader does not know how to treat fungus in groin in males, the celandine can also help with epidermofitia. Moreover, it can be used both topically and inside. For external use prepare a paste of leaves of the plant and apply it to the skin, covered with gauze. For internal use prepare a drink from half a glass of boiled cooled water with a few drops of juice of celandine. Drink this remedy three times a day.
Important: improper treatment of epidermofitia the disease can become chronic. In this case, even in the apparent absence of symptoms of disease pathology will be hidden, and to deteriorate in summer or in conditions of high heat/warm humidity.
Prevention of epidermofitia men
To never wonder how to treat fungus in groin when they occur, it is easier to prevent the disease. It is necessary to take preventive measures. These are:
- The struggle with hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating groin area). To deal with sweating in the clinic method of introducing special preparations in the area of sweating, and by using talc after a hygienic shower.
- Compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene. That is a daily hygienic shower in the morning and evening (and if necessary) should become the norm for men.
- Wearing breathable cotton underwear that will ensure the quality of diversion of moisture and normal heat exchange, and then there will be a question-than to treat fungus in groin in men.
- Wearing lingerie in size. Too tight underwear cause friction, and that it is important to avoid.
- Well-planned regime of work and rest. Constant stress does not play for improving the health of the skin. The solid dermatologists all over the world.
- Balanced diet. The diet should contain vitamins, A, C, selenium and zinc, and then the skin disease will not defeat you.
In addition it is important to remember that a man must in a measure to engage in active sports and thereby contribute to the improvement of metabolism. The only way to prevent the development of this unpleasant disease called epidermofitia and, accordingly, long-term treatment of fungus in the groin in men.