Fungal infection of the skin of hands and fingers: methods of treatment and folk remedies
Fungal infection of the skin on the hands and methods of treatment
Skin lesions and fungi, in medicine is called a mycosis. The disease affects the skin on the hands, feet, scalp and on other parts of the body. The most frequently observed mycosis of the hands, it’s not weird at all, because upper limbs are constantly exposed to adverse factors, contact with aggressive substances.
The skin peels off and cracks, on this basis, a significantly reduced quality of life women suffer from aesthetic defect, ashamed to open their hands public, and men can’t perform physical work, as I sense the pain, and note the bleeding of the formed cracks. If you do not wish to face such a disease as fungal infection of the skin of hands, should as soon as possible to determine the cause of disease and start treatment.
- Possible causes of athlete’s foot
- Treatment of athlete’s foot on hands
- Folk remedies in the treatment of mycosis
Possible causes of athlete’s foot
Fungal flora is present almost everywhere — on food, on household items, and even on the skin of the person. If the body has a high immune strength, the fungal flora is not affected by the condition. With the weakening of protective forces, provoked by cold or adverse conditions, microorganisms begin to multiply massively, because their livelihoods have created optimal conditions. Man’s job and a doctor will be to eliminate the pathogenic factor that caused the activation of infections, and of course, creating an environment where fungus cannot survive.
Fungal infection on hands can develop if the skin has scratches and minor injuries that are left without proper care. There is a list of the mycosis predisposing factors:
- the immunodeficiency state;
- long-term use of medications;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal system;
- chronic lack of sleep;
- bad habits;
- frequent stress;
- an unbalanced diet;
- malignant neoplasms;
- adverse conditions in the external environment and constant exposure to dust, wet areas;
- the metabolic disorders;
- insufficient hygiene of the skin;
- the imbalance of hormones.
Fungal infection of the fingers can be transmitted from an infected person to a healthy during a handshake, and when using the same towels, soap and other devices.
There are a number of situations where the person spreading the fungus, not knowing that he is contagious. Sometimes people there is a high degree of immunity, which prevents dispersion of fungi, respectively, do not appear symptoms. After contact with another person whose immune system is weakened, the patient gives him a fungal flora, as a result, people can not resist mycosis.
It will be interesting to see what the ringworm may appear due to excessive hygiene. Constantly washing their hands with antibacterial soap, you wash away the top protective layer of skin, which ideally, should hold microorganisms and fungal-type bacteria. The skin becomes vulnerable, because the soap gives short-term effect and is not able to provide optimal protection to your hands during the day.
Treatment of athlete’s foot on hands
Treatment of athlete’s foot will depend on what form of disease a patient has and the degree of skin lesions. Modern medicine notes the following types of mycosis:
- squamous is characterized by peeling skin between the toes and on the palms. For the treatment this type of fungus prescribe topical preparations such as Mycosoral, Candida fluconazole;
- disgidroticheskaya — education is characterized by a vesicular rash on the affected parts of your hands, crackle, bubbles open itchy erosion. It is very important to burn antiseptic bubbles just after their formation, serous fluid that they can be very contagious. Once the bottle dries out a bit, put antifungal ointments on the basis of terbinafine or Itraconazole. Manganese baths are shown, as well as antibacterial medications, if there has been a accession of a bacterial infection;
- intelidata – the inflammation is most often between the toes and in skin folds, characterized by a strong reddening and swelling of the skin in the affected area. Dry skin to the touch getting warm, is treated with Mycoplasma, Locurilor or Batrafen;
- squamous gipertroficescoy form recognizable by the thickening of the skin, which loses its smooth texture and becomes bluish color. Treatment of mycosis in this case, would include drugs such as Natamycin, Econazole, Amorolfine and Chaliapin.
Treatment fungal infections may also include immunomodulators that activate hidden reserves and allow the body to fight infection. Can also be assigned physical therapy. The skin affected by the fungus, treated with ultraviolet rays of different lengths.
It is very important not to treat yourself and not use recipes that have been prescribed to your friends with similar symptoms. The drug selected doctors based on your individual circumstances, so funds that was assigned to you by your friends, you might be contraindicated.
Folk remedies in the treatment of mycosis
Treatment of athlete’s foot can be based on vegetable ingredients and improvised means. Of course, in advanced cases, they are unlikely to give the result, but as a complement to conventional treatment, will be very useful. Best of all proved in the treatment of mycosis pine tincture. Prepare them is very simple, just pour the alcohol 150g of pine cones (green) and 100g of pine needles. The mixture is left in a glass jar with a tight lid buried for a week. After this time, grease raw material, the area affected by the fungus. After applying, you may feel burning and tingling, but this is a normal reaction of the skin to alcohol-containing solution, after 15 minutes, the unpleasant symptoms will take place.
Treatment of fungal infection, may involve the application of the ointment of calendula, and activated charcoal. As the basis of ointments that can eliminate the fungi of different strains, there is pork lard. To the liquid add 20 g mashed into mush fresh calendula flowers and 1 pack of activated charcoal, powdered. The tool is stirred well and when it has cooled to the form of ointment, applied to the hands before sleep on top of gloves are made of natural fabrics.
Copes with mycosis tea tree oil, it is mixed with olive or vegetable oil in a ratio of 10 drops of tea tree oil per 100ml of olives. Received a liquid treat the skin and leave for 20 minutes. Then treat the affected area with antiseptic. Repeat the procedure twice a day. As they say, who have tested the remedy, athlete’s foot, is already week.
In addition to traditional and folk methods of treatment, do not forget about the prevention of fungal infections, because they are easier to prevent than to get rid of unpleasant symptoms. You need to watch your diet, try to eat more foods rich in vitamin A and C. Vitamin b complex And speed up the process of recovery of damaged skin, and ascorbic acid is able to kill pathogens and enhance immune properties of the human.
Carefully caring for the skin of the face and body, most people devote very little attention to the skin on the hands, but this is not correct. Upper extremities more than other parts of the body involved in the daily life, consequently require no less care. Dry, a little moist skin more susceptible to infection, so try to always provide hydration and nutrition to its handles, it will increase local immunity and will protect you from many skin diseases, including athlete’s foot.