Feet fungus: signs and symptoms — how to treat
Types and symptoms of foot fungus: treatments
Mycotic lesions of foot starts from the areas between the toes. Subsequently, the infection may spread to the feet and the nail plate. The disease is provoked by dermatophyte, mould fungi or yeast fungi. According to statistics in our country about 20% of people that have the fungus on the feet. The severity of the disease depends on the kind of infection, but in any case, the disease needs to be cured, because the flaking, severe itching, inflammation and unpleasant foot odor deliver strong discomfort. We’ll show you how to get rid of fungus on my feet.
- Symptoms of foot fungus
- Types of foot fungus
- Treatment of foot fungus
- Prevention of fungus on feet
Symptoms of foot fungus
First, we understand that this fungus. It is conditionally pathogenic microorganism, which in a small number of can live even on the skin of healthy people, but under favorable conditions it begins to proliferate actively. Signs of fungus of the feet are directly linked to the kind of infection and the degree of involvement of the skin and Horny plates. So, with the defeat of the feet fungi, called Trichophyton red, the presence of the following signs of illness:
Interesting fact! Red Trichophyton practically not affects children. This is due to the high speed regeneration of nails and skin at this age.
The first signs of fungus on the feet with the defeat of Trichophyton interdigitale the following:
If you have fungus of the feet, the symptoms of the infection by microorganisms of the genus Candida are the following:
- The first manifestation of infection is swelling and redness of the skin;
- The centers of affected areas of the skin usually surrounded by a rim in the form of exfoliated epidermis;
- On the periphery from the place of injury can be detected by small bubbles with serous fluid, and small pustules.
Types of foot fungus
Signs of fungus on the feet can vary depending on the type of disease:
Treatment of foot fungus
Treatment of foot fungus at the initial stage is carried out with the use of drugs local action. There are about 20 drug forms of these funds. These include ointments, gels, varnishes, sprays, powders, solutions, foams and creams.
These drugs have broad effect, therefore, cope with different kinds of mushrooms and decrease the likelihood of relapse. In addition, local treatment for fungus do not have toxic effects on the body.
Fungus treatment skin on the feet is carried out using one of the following drugs:
- Griseofulvin blocks the multiplication of microorganisms. The medication comes in the form of ointment, suspension and tablets. To clean the fungus affected areas are treated each day for 14 days.
- Many experts in the selection, than to cure foot fungus, the preference for the drug Terbinafine with proven high efficiency. It has a broad spectrum effect. The sale is in the form of tablets, cream, spray, solution. The duration of therapy may be up to 45 days.
- Sertaconazole can be purchased as a cream, suppository, and solution. This drug has virtually no contraindications and side effects, so it can be used all those who do not know what to do with fungal infection. Method of application and doses can be found in the accompanying instructions.
- Econazole has fungicidal and bactericidal action. If you have fungus of the feet, this treatment is carried out when dermatophytes, yeast, and mold fungi. The drug is effective in resistant to other drugs in fungal infections and is available in the form of lotion, cream, aerosol and solution.
- If the treatment of fungus on the feet is needed in pregnancy, lactation or in children, you can use a cream or suspension of Natamycin, as this medication has no contraindications. The duration of therapy is 1 month.
- To cure a foot fungus, use of the drug Clotrimazole. It comes in the form of lotion, ointment, cream and spray. The course of treatment – a month. Contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Answering the question of how to get rid of foot fungus, it is worth mentioning the drug or drug zistan Naftifine Hydrochloride. In addition to broad spectrum antimycotic activity, the drug has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. The duration of treatment with ointment and solution can be up to two months.
It happens that the disease had reached the stage where some local media not to cure the patient. In this case, the doctor prescribes antifungal agents for systemic effects to use inside. Such drugs include:
- Fluconazole is sold in the form of capsules, syrup, tablets and solutions for injection. The duration of treatment in complex cases can reach up to 1.5 months. Make the drug should times a week or 150 mg once a day in the amount of 50 mg.
- Itraconazole capsules and solution for internal use. This drug may be the answer to the question of how to treat foot fungus fast, the duration of treatment is two weeks.
If we talk about how to cure fungus on his feet in total defeat of the feet and nail plates, here shown combination therapy consisting of the use of antifungals for systemic effects, antifungal drugs for topical application and medical apparatus pedicure.
Prevention of fungus on feet
Now that you understand how to cure fungus on the feet, it’s time to talk about prevention of this disease, so you don’t have to long and hard to get rid of this disease.
Among preventive measures include the following:
If one of the family members is a fungus, it needs to be cured, because it can be a source of infection to other household members. Once a month spend and pedicure to remove rough or dead skin that is a favorite habitat of fungi.