Effective medication for nail fungus
Fungal infection on nails in medical practice is called «onychomycosis». This disease most often affects people with lowered immunity or have a progressive chronic illness or age-related changes in the pH of the skin and nails. Pools, saunas and gyms become a favorite place for beneficial pathogenic fungi, because they are more stable in a warm environment with high humidity.
Today presents a huge number of special tools for getting rid of fungus on nails. What is the cure for nail fungus most effective and what is the difference between the various antimycotic drugs?
How to treat onychomycosis?
Notice growing fungus on the nails easy. Signs of disease are:
- change the color of the nail.
- peeling and redness of fingers;
- deformation of the nail plate.
Usually, the mushrooms initially bruise the skin, gradually moving on to the nail plate.
How to treat onychomycosis? With the active rhythm of life not always there is an opportunity to visit a doctor, so people with a fungal infection often start treatment without consulting a specialist. It is important to understand that the professional advice of a dermatologist or mycologist on the choice of effective remedies against nail fungus will never be superfluous. To find the right cure for nail fungus need to pass the required tests.
What are antifungals?
Antifungals – a number of medicines, which has a powerful antifungal effect, and origin, mechanism of action and method of application.
Modern drugs for the treatment of onychomycosis have different dosage forms: gels; sprays; ointments; tablets for oral administration; special varnishes and solutions for the treatment of nail fungus. Which drug is most effective against nail fungus?
The choice of antifungal agents depends on the following factors:
- the degree of destruction of the nail plate;
- duration of fungal infection;
- accompanying diseases.
Most of the tools from nail fungus you need to use for a long time. Active ingredients of the drug over time, accumulate in the nail plate that helps to get rid of this nasty disease.
Lacquer against nail fungus
At the initial stage of development of onychomycosis tools local action, in particular a varnish against nail fungus.
To antifungal lacquers include:
Varnishes can be used not only for the treatment of onychomycosis, but as a further prevention against fungal infection. On toe nails treatment ingredients can accumulate in higher concentration compared to the nail plate on the hands.
Features of the application of antifungal nail Polish
- The varnish should be applied only after pre-treatment of the nail plate.
- Before applying the nail plate is removed the affected fungal infection of areas with a special nail file (for most medications nail file attached).
- After the nail needs to be degreased in the usual solvent or alcohol.
- Before treatment legs you can steam in the hot water.
- Then the entire nail plate is covered with a thin layer of varnish.
- After use, the varnish should be well closed to prevent drying out.
To carry out this procedure is recommended on a weekly basis. Toenail fungus treatment nail varnish should continue until the healthy nail grows back, the duration of application may vary from 3 to 12 months. Before using the drug should consult the user manual.
Contraindications to the use of varnish
Most varnish is contraindicated if you are hypersensitive ingredient, pregnant and lactating women, children. At the time of treatment it is impossible to use usual cosmetic choice.
Antifungal ointments, gels, sprays
About modern antifungal drugs daily is told in the commercials. How to choose the best cure for foot fungus? Which medications are most safe? If fungal nail is not in its advanced stage, it is necessary to use means of local action. A huge number of popular antifungal ointments, sprays and gels it is possible to distribute the active substances included in their composition:
- Terbinafine («Lamisil», «Lamikon», «Lamiel», «Ativan», «Termex», «Econorm»). Terbinafine is used as an effective cure for fungus of the toenails and fungal diseases of the skin and hair. It leads to the violation of the synthesis of sterols in the fungal cell, which further leads to the death of fungal infection;
- Bifonazole («Biosyn», «Mikospor»). Damages the cytoplasmic membrane of the fungi, possesses fungistatic and fungicidal action;
- Fundazol (cream). Cheap but good anti-fungal agent. The composition includes natural ingredients extracts of celandine herbs and oak bark. The drug softens and removes the damaged part of the nail plate. The cream is applied 2 times per day, leaving under a special bandage. Effectively removes the fungus and eliminates odor and excessive sweating of the feet;
- Ketoconazole («Mycosoral», «Nizoral»). Violates the synthesis of cell walls of fungi, distorts the permeability of the cell wall. Ketoconazole eliminates a fungal infection of the skin, hair, nails, used for systemic mycoses, seborrheic dermatitis, and vaginal candidiasis;
- Ciclopiroxolamine(«Batrafen»). The best effect only in the early stages of the disease. Not only able to treat fungus of the toenails, the hair of the head, but it is also used in the form of suppositories for gynecological problems;
- Oxiconazole («Mishmar»). Available in the form of cream. Method of use: daily apply on affected area at night. The rate should not exceed more than 6 months. Used to treat toe nail fungus, unspecified mycosis, dermatofitia;
- Naftifin («Micoperi», «Drug Zistan»). Effective means widely used for the treatment of fungus toe nails; various manifestations of mycosis of skin and hair; cutaneous candidiasis; multi-colored lichen and Jock itch. Depending on the strain of the microorganisms has a fungistatic or fungicidal effect. The maximum duration of treatment of onychomycosis is 6 months.
To choose which tool is better to cure a foot fungus, you should previously consult their physician. Before using any drug you need to study the manual.
Solutions against nail fungus
Antifungal medication available in solution form.
- Chlornitrofen («Last Time»). Effective antifungal agent that is widely used in skin diseases. Methods of application – only externally; a cotton swab is applied on the affected with fungus areas 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment prescribed by your doctor. When the skin treatment should avoid exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- «Mikospor» solution. Antifungal remedy that is available in various dosage forms.
In addition to modern anti-fungus, there are old, but proven products. For example, the liquid Berezhnova – an inexpensive tool that you can order for cooking in the pharmacy section.
- Before applying liquid Berezhnova need to pre-steam the feet and remove (with a nail file and nail scissors) affected areas.
- Cotton pad apply the product on the nail plate.
- Procedure is desirable to do before going to sleep.
Effective fungus treatment with the help of this liquid proved many years of its application in antifungal therapy. Before use, be sure to consult with a specialist.
Tablets in onychomycosis
With the rapid development of the disease and advanced stage are assigned an oral drug (tablet form). Often pills are prescribed in extensive fungal or together with means for external application. Tablet form of antifungal drugs is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, children, people with abnormalities of the kidneys/liver.
The pills for nail fungus:
- «Fluconazole«. In diseases of the nails 150 mg 1/d in a week to adults and children over 50 kg. equivalent of «Diflazon«, «Diflucan«;
- «Itraconazole«. Is used for 200 mg 1-2 R / day, duration depends on the degree of development of the disease. Counterparts «Itrazol«, «Rumiko» (candidiasis of skin and nails);
- «Terbinafine» («Lamisil«, «Atifin«). The ingestion of the active ingredient accumulates in the nail plate and has a fungicidal effect.
Antifungals can find a huge amount, but it is better to choose will be able to suggest a doctor. Any remedy against the nail fungus should be appointed individually, taking into account the development of fungal infection and related diseases.