During pregnancy Allergy and its impact on the fetus
The causes of allergies during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a beautiful time for any woman. However, it is accompanied by changes that affect the immune system and hormones, resulting recurs existing or developing new allergies. What a pregnant woman can be allergic to? In medicine identify the main allergens – house dust, pollen, pet dander, medicines, etc. the Process of origin of the pathology is unpredictable, can lead to negative consequences. Treatment should start immediately.
- Allergy and pregnancy
- The types of allergies and symptoms
- Influence of Allergy on fetal development
- Ways to treat Allergy during pregnancy
- Blockers H1-histamine receptors and corticosteroids
Allergy and pregnancy
Allergic pathology rarely observed in women who are in an interesting position for the first time. In most cases future mother knows about his intolerance of a product, substances, etc., which provoke the development of the pathological process. But every rule has an exception.
Time of carrying a child is different changes in the female body, which can become a catalyst for the development of allergic reactions. The immune system works double duty, can unpredictably react to any allergen.
The main types of allergens:
- Ultraviolet rays;
- Components cosmetic products;
- Some food products;
- Wool pet;
- Dust, pollen, etc.
Allergy during pregnancy is always some «basis». In particular, there are several precipitating factors that lead to the problem. If a woman is healthy, pregnancy is proceeding normally, it did not bother, then the likelihood of allergies is reduced to zero.
For the record, according to statistics, the Allergy affects up to 30% of pregnant women. In most cases, the disease occurs in the age from 18 till 24 years.
Factors increasing the likelihood of developing allergies:
If the history is already allergic, the planning of pregnancy should consult a doctor. He will prescribe a course of therapy that can help reduce the worsening of the pathology during pregnancy.
The types of allergies and symptoms
In the first 12-14 weeks an interesting situation in women can develop a reaction to the fruit, such as morning sickness. It is leveled on their own when the body gets used to the new state.
Allergy during pregnancy is these types of:
- Allergic form of rhinitis. Characterized by the abundant discharge of mucus from the nasal passages, regular sneezing, itchy sensations, congestion of the sinuses. Most often, the reaction occurs in the dust, flowering plants, wool of Pets;
- Conjunctivitis allergic nature. Followed by profuse secretion of tears, fear of light, reddening of cornea. Most often, this pathology occurs simultaneously with rhinitis, the provocateurs the same;
- Urticaria and dermatitis. On the skin there has been a rash, redness, swelling, severe itching is present. In appearance, the disease resembles the burn of stinging nettles. Allergic reaction localized at the point of contact with the allergen. Often develops on the face as a result of intolerance to particular cosmetics;
- Angioedema. The disease affects the eyelids, lips and oral cavity, the top respiratory ways. Develops instantly and always suddenly. High risk of edema of the larynx and subsequent suffocation. Sometimes pathology is accompanied by abdominal pain and signs of intestinal obstruction (rare).
Important: the most severe form of Allergy is anaphylactic shock, occurring with changes of consciousness and a sharp drop in blood pressure. In the absence of timely medical care, there is a risk of death.
Anaphylactic shock in most cases develops within hours after exposure to the allergen – pollen, cosmetics, medicines.
Influence of Allergy on fetal development
Any changes being worried about a woman, especially when it comes to the carrying of her first child. If the mother is prepared, knows about your allergic reaction, it pre-acquires a drug to help them to stop disturbing symptoms. However, in this case we have to think about the impact on the fetus will have a drug. Self in an interesting position to deal strictly prohibited. The threat of a double for mom and baby.
Pathology she does not have a negative impact on prenatal development. Pathogenic agents are not able to penetrate through the placenta to the baby. However, they can act in the future, when the baby develops the same disease as your mom. It turns out that a dangerous Allergy during pregnancy that can be inherited. But this statement is not applicable for all situations. If «defeated» genes of the father, the probability is extremely low.
Influence of Allergy in pregnancy depending on the trimester:
Many antihistamine tablets are contraindicated during pregnancy. Their unauthorized use may lead to poor circulation in the placenta, threatening hypoxia.
Allergy during pregnancy is a danger to the mother. «Harmless» form of rhinitis can trigger asthma attack, anaphylactic shock can lead to suffocation. The lack of oxygen leads to oxygen starvation of the fetus.
Ways to treat Allergy during pregnancy
How to treat allergies during pregnancy? The question is relevant because of the need to ease the condition of the mother, to avoid a negative impact on a child’s development. All medications used with caution, only as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Therapy is symptomatic in nature, due to the severity and intensity of clinical manifestations. To cure the Allergy, it is possible only to remove the symptoms.
Important: in the first trimester is highly undesirable to take any pills. They are appointed only in exceptional cases on the principle of potential benefits and likely harm.
- To reduce the symptoms of allergic rhinitis help drops with sea salt – Marker and Aqua Maris can be used as spray, Drops (as pictured) that includes mint and eucalyptus, or the aerosol of Prevalin, giving the nose a protective film that inhibits pathogenic agents;
- Eyewash on the background of conjunctivitis may be possible to apply drops of Innoxa;
- From skin allergies prescribe zinc ointment that has a drying property;
- For the treatment of food Allergy in the first place eliminate the allergen, then recommend cleaner – Enterosgel;
- Due to severe itching and peeling of the skin in the first days of taking large doses of chelator – activated carbon.
With regard to the drugs antihistamine properties, it is completely safe during pregnancy, does not exist. They can be administered only in severe allergic reactions when other treatment options not.
Blockers H1-histamine receptors and corticosteroids
H1-histamine antagonists contribute to blocking histamine receptors, resulting in allergic symptoms disappear. The pharmaceutical industry offers several generations of these drugs. Each subsequent that is smaller list of side effects. Some disagree, others accept as the only possible means.
List of drugs, depending on the generation:
Corticosteroids in the form of tablets, creams and ointments is prescribed rarely. Contributes to the reduction of resistance of the female body to infections that adversely affect the fetus. Prescribed only in cases when the benefit for mother is higher than the risk to the fetus.
Than to treat the manifestations of allergic reactions the doctor solves only. Adequate therapy will ease the mother, will not harm the baby. Self-treatment is fraught with complications, including irreversible.