Diet in psoriasis: a table of products and what not to eat
Specifics of diet for psoriasis
Diet is a very important step in the treatment of systemic diseases, and psoriasis is no exception. We all know that the nutrients the body gets from food, therefore one should be very careful in selecting products for their menu. If you are diagnosed with an obligatorily diet for psoriasis the products table that is issued by the attending physician. According to the recommendation table, you can shape your daily diet, and to obtain from him not only a pleasure but also benefits.
- The nutrients needed by the body in the period of exacerbation of the disease
- What to eat and what to eliminate?
- Example diet
The nutrients needed by the body in the period of exacerbation of the disease
One of the main reasons for the development of psoriasis is a metabolic process and also reaction to a particular food product. Diet for psoriasis detail is selected by the physician based on the individual characteristics of the patient. The daily menu should include nutrients such as:
- calcium creates an alkaline environment in the intestine, improves the vascular wall and elasticity of the skin, eliminates itching;
- vitamins – necessary to restore the immune forces in the body, which will fight the disease itself. The b vitamins contribute to the regeneration of the skin. Vitamin E has an antioxidant effect, it helps eliminate toxic substances from the blood. Vitamin b nourishes the skin with oxygen and increases the skin’s resistance to illness. Vitamin D normalizes metabolic processes in the body;
- Polynesian fatty acids are part of cell membranes, and their lack may contribute to the deterioration of the skin. If the deficiency of fatty acids can accelerate the remission period of the disease;
- fiber takes part in the exchange of lipids and also affect the protective function of the liver;
- zinc — has a restorative and healing function. This element helps to reduce inflammation and get rid of the peeling on the skin.
To treat psoriasis can be very fast and effective if the patient will facilitate medical therapy, eating the right foods. What can I eat for psoriasis, decides every patient, but it is important that the diet was daily present products that contain the above minerals and vitamins.
What to eat and what to eliminate?
Few people know what the diet for psoriasis will be useful, most doctors agree that it is necessary to maintain the acid — alkaline balance in the body. Products that consume the patient may need to create a more alkaline environment than acidic. Nutritional therapy for psoriasis, must necessarily, include food from these groups:
- fruits – apples, melon, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, raisins, cherries;
- poultry – allowed Turkey and chicken;
- vegetables – broccoli, beets, green beans, celery, cucumbers, carrots;
- fish – preference should be given low-fat varieties of fish, it is better to choose sea – trout, sturgeon, halibut, sardines and tuna;
- cereals – wheat, barley, all kinds of rice;
- oil be olive, cream and corn;
- dairy – milk for psoriasis is very useful because it contains a lot of calcium. Besides him allowed to eat cottage cheese, yogurt.
If you wish, as soon as possible to get rid of psoriasis, it is better to give the preference to the meals that were prepared for a couple or were welded. Fried and baked fish and meat, will only worsen the condition of the patient and the pills for psoriasis that uses in parallel the person will be absorbed in the body much longer. Accordingly, the process of recovery and remission may be delayed.
What foods to eat to get rid of psoriasis everyone should know. Sick people healthy diets will reduce the intensity of symptoms, and a healthy, prone to autoimmune diseases, provide an opportunity to prevent their development. Diet for patients with psoriasis should be to completely eliminate such foods as:
- white bread;
- dairy products with high fat content;
- salty meals;
- hot spices;
- vegetables from the nightshade family to eat for psoriasis should not tomatoes, eggplants, peppers and potatoes;
- alcoholic beverages.
Psoriasis and coffee is also not recommended to use because it irritates the intestinal mucosa, causing additional symptoms, and provokes the exacerbation of the inflammatory process.
Coffee should be replaced by black tea, it has a tonic effect and helps to normalize the emotional state of the patient, and is known to frequent stress and exercise is one of the reasons for the development of psoriasis.
If you are interested in seeds psoriasis many patients, the answer is categorically no, if it’s seeds of sunflower, because they are high in fat and contribute to the clogging of blood vessels. As for the watermelon seeds, they will bring only benefits.
During exacerbation of psoriasis, it is necessary once a week to fasting. Try for 20 hours once a week to drink only distilled water or green tea, this will help to cleanse the body of toxins and improve the condition of the skin. The result will be huge, and you will notice it a month later, you not only speed up the period of remission, but feel a burst of energy.
Forbidden foods back into the diet, only after a period of remission, and their number should be minimized. There is a high probability that the wrong food will trigger a relapse, and the patient will again have to deal with a rash and peeling on the skin.
If psoriasis diet for psoriasis, will be developed by the attending physician. Today, there are many techniques of proper nutrition that not once proved itself from the best side. What is psoriasis is clearly written in the recommendations of the doctor Fire and Pagano. Sample menu that will help to get rid of psoriasis in the shortest possible time, as follows:
On the weekend you can combine menu items to develop your individual diet, taking into account personal preferences and favorite foods.
After you decide what products to use throughout the week, it is important to remember that you need to eat 4-5 times small meals. Overeating only negatively appear on your health. Try one approach is not to eat more food, which would fit in your palm.
In the process of acute disease is necessary to minimize the consumption of sunflower (oil), it is forbidden to eat empty calories — chips, crackers, crackers and fast food. Citrus fruits, and sugar should your diet at the time of treatment, and not to exclude. They contribute to the production of insulin, which suppresses the immune system even more and makes it vulnerable to bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
Now you know what not to eat in psoriasis, and what can be. Guided by the above recommendations, you can very quickly go on the amendment. Despite the fact that to get rid of psoriasis forever is impossible, the disease is not a sentence, and correctly forming your daily menu, it is possible to achieve stable remission and lead a pretty normal life.