Boil on neck — causes and how to treat a boil
Causes of boil on neck and treatments
In some cases, the modern man may form a purulent formation on the surface of the skin. And most trouble delivers a furuncle on the neck. Its fundamental difference from standard zit that furuncle (boil) is a purulent core, which normally needs to go outside. In pathological development or careless treatment of ulcer of the rod can break in. How to treat a furuncle on the neck and how to treat a boil on neck at home are described below.
- The causes of furuncle on the neck
- The symptoms of furunculosis of the neck
- Treatment of furuncle on the neck
- Can you squeeze a boil on the neck?
The causes of furuncle on the neck
It is understood that the boils on the neck are formed mainly due to the penetration of Staphylococcus aureus in the hair follicle located on the skin. Normally, the Golden coccus is present on the surface of the skin of each person and in moderation does no harm. However, under favorable factors of Staphylococcus aureus begins to multiply and penetrate into the deeper layers of the dermis, which leads to the formation of the suppurative inflammatory process in the neck. Overall, aggravating factors for the penetration of cocca in the hair follicle are:
- The friction of the collar of clothes on the skin of the neck. In this case, the dirt (sweat, dust, sebum and bacteria) literally rubbed into the skin on the neck;
- Microtrauma or abrasions on the skin, acquired during shaving, combing, etc.
To internal problems of the body, which may form a boil on the neck, include:
- The depletion of internal chronic diseases, physical fatigue or an unbalanced diet;
- The deficiency of vitamins;
- Diabetes of any type;
- Malfunction of the adrenal glands;
- Sharp overheating or overcooling;
- Disorders of the digestive tract;
- Failures in the endocrine system.
Important: boils in the neck most often localized in the posterior part below the hairline, or slightly touching it.
The symptoms of furunculosis of the neck
To distinguish the formation of abscess in the neck from a regular pimple, you can use characteristic symptoms. The clinical picture of furuncle looks like this:
- In the early days in the place of the alleged formation of boils, the patient noted redness of the skin and seal. Skin feels hot in this place, and when you tap it the patient feels the pain. In this case the rod and purulent pustules (his head) not yet seen.
- 3-4 days is rendered visible pustules which normally should be out by 6-7 days from the beginning of the formation of boil. If this occurs, the uncovered wound is a deep bottom, which should heal in 10-12 days. But in most cases, the boil not go on their own and require surgical intervention.
In addition to these symptoms, the patient can be observed and the clinical picture of intoxication. In this case, the patient will feel:
- The body aches and chills;
- The increase in body temperature to 38 degrees and it is possible above;
- Weakness and loss of appetite.
In this case, preferably as soon as possible to seek medical surgery to avoid abscess. Surgical removal of core of boil helps to prevent the development of chronic boils on the background of the wrong actions at his treatment at home.
Treatment of furuncle on the neck
To overcome the inflammatory education on the neck can be at home using folk remedies and medications in the form of ointments, with stretching and anti-inflammatory effect. In particular, to accelerate the exit of purulent rod can be such methods:
- Warm and moist compresses. In this case it is advisable to gently apply to the affected area of skin a compress soaked in warm water with added sea salt or decoction of herbs (chamomile, calendula, celandine). If possible, we may take a warm bath. Moist heat increases blood flow in the affected tissues, which stimulates the growth of white blood cells. And those, in turn, actively fighting with purulent infection.
Important: when you apply wet and warm compresses you must be very careful not to destroy the festering core within. That is, excluded pressure in the area of the boil and mechanical impact on him.
- A poultice of roasted onions. In this case, you can bake an onion without a peel and then in a warm state to apply it to the boil in the form of compresses until then, until the abscess will not work.
- Compresses of aloe. Fresh leaf along the cut, pre-washed under running water. Then the gel mass is applied to the sore spot and fix a bandage. Compresses repeated until the recession of the inflammatory process.
- Compresses of rye bread. In this case, the bread with salt chew and put in the form of a soft mass on the affected skin.
- Turmeric. From this spice is necessary to make a creamy paste and apply it to the boil.
- Plantain leaf. Such a method of treatment of furuncle may also be effective. The leaves of the plant should be carefully washed and applied to the inflamed skin, securing the patch. Compresses should be changed every 1-2 hours until complete recession of the inflammatory process.
- Brewer’s yeast. This ingredient is taken orally for the treatment of boils. Take them three times a day for 1 teaspoon, washed down with sufficient amount of water.
- Nettle juice. There’s fresh juice to drink on a tablespoon of times in laziness for the prevention of boils, if it has the tendency.
In addition to these ways, you can use pull type ointment Vishnevsky Ointment or Ichthyol ointment. When bad painting (severe inflammation), your doctor may prescribe antibiotics Tetracycline and Erythromycin. They work against the Staphylococcus aureus Golden best.
Important: self-medication can lead to obvious deterioration of health. Keep this in mind and do not neglect professional medical advice.
Can you squeeze a boil on the neck?
You should know that the neck is the most severe area for localization of the purulent boil. The fact is that around the neck are all the blood vessels that feed the brain. Therefore, rough handling of a festering core of the furuncle a purulent infection can quickly enter the brain and cause purulent meningitis. The disease is extremely difficult and dangerous to humans.
In addition, the ingress of purulent infection in the blood threatens to metastasize. That is, the boils can occur in different places of the body and the treatment in this case will not be local, but General and more complex.
Always keep in mind that rough treatment of furuncle on the neck can lead to lymphangitis (inflammation of lymph vessels in the neck) and thrombophlebitis (blood clot). In this case, the patient may expose their health and life at risk. Therefore, you should not self-medicate. It is better to trust in the hands of medical professionals.