Basal cell carcinoma — what is it and its treatment after irradiation
What is basal cell carcinoma: symptoms and treatment
There are several varieties of skin cancer, one of them is basal cell carcinoma. If we talk about what basal cell carcinoma, it is the basal cell variety of a malignant tumor. It develops from the epidermal cells. The name of the tumor was given because of the similarity of its cells with the cells of the basal layer of the skin. If you have basal cell carcinoma what it is, you can learn from our article. We will also talk about types, symptoms and treatments.
- What is basal cell carcinoma and causes?
- Classification of basal cell carcinoma
- Symptoms and stages
- Popular recipes
What is basal cell carcinoma and causes?
The tumor basal cell carcinoma has the following characteristic features of malignancy:
- it destroys the surrounding tissue after germination;
- relapses even after successful treatment.
The only difference between basal cell carcinoma from other skin malignancies, is that it does not give metastases. This skin disorder is more often diagnosed after the age of 40. The emergence of this neoplasm and other malignant tumors, affected by the following triggers:
- prolonged and frequent exposure to the sun (so the disease is more common in the southern countries and the people working in the sun);
Important! Fair-skinned people often suffer from this disease than blacks.
- to provoke the emergence of the illness is the exposure to carcinogens and toxins (arsenic, petroleum products, etc.);
- if the skin on a particular area of permanently injured;
- ionizing cure;
- immunosuppression on the background of prolonged disease or treatment with immunosuppressants.
The appearance of these tumors in adolescents and children is unlikely. However, sometimes diagnose the congenital form of the disease syndrome Gorlin-Char. For this disease is characterized by a combination of superficial forms of basal cell carcinoma defects of the hips, mandibular bone cyst, and other anomalies.
Classification of basal cell carcinoma
If we talk about what it looks like basal cell carcinoma, it largely depends on the type of neoplasm:
Symptoms and stages
Before telling about treatment, basal cell carcinoma, it is necessary to describe the main symptoms and stage of the disease. Most often, the pathology is localized to the neck or face, so it is usually diagnosed basal cell carcinoma of the skin or basal cell carcinoma of skin of nose. The first signs of the disease, small nodules are flesh-colored, many patients perceive as normal pimples and not pay attention to them. While any pain when pressure is absent. Further complemented by symptoms characteristic of a particular form of the disease manifestations.
Unlike benign tumors basal cell carcinoma is the next stage in its development:
Though basal cell carcinoma is a cancerous tumor and it is benign because of the lack of metastases. Complications arise when lesion of the surrounding tissues. Death may be the case if the tumor will affect brain, bones, eyes, ears, etc.
If diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma, treatment is chosen individually, based on the size, stage and location of the tumor. Prior to treat basal cell carcinoma, it is necessary to pass the examination. For this purpose, the surface of the tumor take the swab, scraping or imprint and carried out histological and cytological study.
Important! The disease must be differentiated from planus, lupus erythematosus, Bowen’s disease, seborrheic keratosis, psoriasis, scleroderma, and melanoma.
Choosing methods of treatment of basal cell carcinoma, it is necessary to take into account the morphological type of neoplasm, primary or it is a relapse, the degree of germination in the fabric. Usually applied one of the following methods of treatment:
Treatment of basal cell carcinoma at the initial stage can be done with the help of folk remedies. However, these methods to cure advanced forms of the disease will not work. Here are the most effective recipes:
- Once a day before bedtime to education need to apply saline dressings. For this cheesecloth, folded in 8 layers, moistened in salt solution.
- You can prepare the ointment celandine on the. For this purpose, the powder of the plant (10 g) mixed with lanolin and vaseline, taken 10 g each. To the mixture is added the carboxylic acid (10 drops).
- Help packs of spores of the fungus-slicker. You need to take 5 tbsp of black spores, and 15 g of calamus root. This mixture fill with water (500 ml) and insist night. After that, the roots of calamus grind and add to the infusion of 30 g of of calendula. Insist for two more days. Then the whole strained infusion should drink per day (5-6 meals). The therapy can last up to 60 days. The cake that remains after straining the infusion, use to prepare ointments, which must be applied to the area of the neoplasms all night.
- Spores of the puffball you can just powder the pathologically changed skin areas.
Also folk medicine recommends to use for the treatment of the juice of celandine, camphor, garlic, yeast, carrot, burdock, elder, mercuric chloride and Shilajit. These tools prepare solutions for irrigations, ointments, and bandages.