Athlete’s foot — symptoms and how to treat the disease
Types of foot fungus and treatment methods
The most common disease provoked by pathogens from the group of ringworm is athlete’s foot. The parasite affects not only the phalanges and nail beds of lower extremities, but also the folds between the toes, the sole. The disease is accompanied by characteristic symptoms, requires prolonged therapeutic course through antimycotic drugs. How to treat foot fungus, and how to recognize, consider in the article.
- Types and symptoms
- The foot fungus treatment
- Prevention of foot fungus
The parasites fall on the skin and in the presence of a favorable environment, particularly the heat and humidity, multiply rapidly, resulting in damaged epithelium, impaired its functionality. Treatment of skin fungus on legs more effectively in the early stages of the pathological process.
You should know: the majority of the clinical pictures the causative agent of foot mycoses are fungi of the Candida family and trihofitona certain species.
On the background of the prolonged course of the disease significantly increases the risk of injury of the deeper layers of the skin. In advanced cases, parasites are able to penetrate into the bloodstream, which leads to malfunction of internal organs. In such a situation, the treatment is very long and heavy, using powerful drugs.
Catching a fungus can be in the sauna and steam bath, and other similar areas, where humidity and heat. Often people get in a pedicure and manicure rooms, where there is no disinfection of instruments. Wearing someone else’s shoes – another factor leading to infection.
The factors leading to activation of fungi:
- Disorder of metabolic nature in the body weight;
- Diabetes first or the second type;
- Varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- Vascular disorders;
- Pathology of an autoimmune nature (e.g., Raynaud’s disease);
- Flat feet, poor footwear;
- The lack of a balanced diet, which leads to a severe lack of vitamins and minerals;
- The disruption of the immune system, etc.
The infection occurs under the influence of such circumstances: failure to comply with hygiene, sharing with the sick person shared washcloths, towels, etc.
Types and symptoms
Foot fungus and nails in medical practice are classified depending on the specific pathogen, which is present on the skin. Often diagnosed mixed infection is due to the simultaneous parasitism of two species of fungi, and more. The type of pathogen to be taken into account when assigning follow-up treatment.
Species of pathogenic microorganisms:
Note: pathogens are divided into several types – moulds, yeast and dermatophytes. They provoke such diseases as rubrofitii stop, athlete’s foot, candidiasis, and onychomycosis of the feet. In turn, diseases that are grouped under the name «rubromikoz» refers to diseases of the feet. They are classified into subtypes depending on the clinical manifestations – vesicular, membrane, machinebody.
Fungal lesions of the feet is accompanied by symptoms, which are caused by disease of the legs:
- Early stage of development of pathology on the background stop itching, redness of skin, mild swelling. There are sometimes small cracks of the surface.
- Middle stage characterized by the appearance of spots, which tend to sprawl, skin peeling, itching, burning sensation is present;
- Extensive damage is detected in those scenes when there is no treatment. Fungus of the skin of the foot moves on the nail. The nail plate loses its healthy glow, quickly crumbles and collapses.
In the absence of timely treatment the disease becomes chronic stage, occasionally the patient becomes better, but at the slightest stress or reduced immunity, the disease manifests itself again. Often the picture is complicated by the accession of a bacterial infection that requires antibiotic therapy.
The foot fungus treatment
Symptoms of foot fungus and treatment are interrelated because on the basis of clinical manifestations and the parasite involved is assigned to a therapeutic course. To mitigate inflammatory processes, edema and eliminate the excess dead skin layer, they use such drugs:
Important: with the defeat of the nail better use of keratolytic plaster Ureaplasm or antimycotic nail Polish.
The question of how to cure fungus of the feet, doctors recommend the following medicines: drug zistan, Clotrimazole, Candide, the last time, Ketoconazole. Drugs have different dosage forms – ointment, emulsion, gel, cream, tablets.
How to treat fungus in an advanced stage? If the pathological process captured a large area of manifest symptoms, then the required system impact of medicines anti-fungal properties. Prescribe these pills:
- Take fluconazole 50 mg for the week, after moving the dosage to 150 mg once a week;
- Terbinafine is a drug that destroys the fungus. The dosage per day is 250 mg course of therapy varies from 1 to 4 months;
- Ketoconazole take 200 mg per day, course of treatment 3-6 months;
- Griseofulvin prescribed to take eight pills every day for 60-120 days.
During treatment, you need to adhere to all recommendations of the doctor, every day to treat your feet, take tablets in the required dosage. Therapy continues until negative laboratory results. When nail fungus lasts until the regrowth of a new nail plate.
Prevention of foot fungus
To get fungus easily, but the cure is extremely difficult. The patient will have to be patient because the process is relatively long. As a warning of the fungus or its recurrence after treatment you must follow these rules:
If the area of the fungal lesion is small, then using antifungal creams and prevention techniques, the disease can be quickly overcome. The lack of treatment will lead to the fact that the disease progresses rapidly and spreads to healthy areas.
The process of therapy of fungus is always a long. The sooner you start treatment the faster the patient recovers. In advanced pictures recovery takes not months but years.