Antihistamines for children the new generation
What is antihistamines and their mechanism of action
In the treatment of allergies of various etiologies for over 70 years using drugs-antihistamines. Moreover, the improvement of medicines of this group led to the fact that antihistamines do not have sedative and overt cardiotoxicity due to a properly sized active ingredients and produce their actions. This is especially true of the new generation of Allergy drugs. What antihistamines for 4 generations is presented in pharmacies and can be used in the treatment of children and pregnant women, as well as what it is, in principle, are investigated in our material.
- What are antihistamines?
- The mechanism of action of anti-Allergy drugs
- Antihistamines for children
- Antihistamines in pregnancy
What are antihistamines?
Antihistamines is drugs, which are based on substance, aimed at the inhibition of free histamine in human body resulting allergic reactions. And it is the histamine and is a reaction to the ingestion of a patient to a certain stimulus (allergen). And it is the histamine provokes further swelling, itching, rashes and other Allergy symptoms. Effective antihistamines for 4 generations, as well as previous counterparts, efficiently block the release of histamine from cells of the patient.
Important: histamine is a neurotransmitter that is able to exert enough influence on the work of all organs and systems, including respiratory system, digestive tract, skin, mucous membranes, smooth muscles, cardiovascular system, etc.
The mechanism of action of anti-Allergy drugs
Any antihistamines 4 generations working in the human body as gently as possible. Sparing principle effects of drugs is that their components can be activated exclusively in the liver, but not in the digestive tract. Thus, reducing the negative impact on the heart muscle and no sedative effect.
Important: antihistamines of new generation can be successfully used in the treatment of allergic reactions in children, patients with cardiovascular disease and in individuals who by occupation is needed to have a constant high concentration.
The mechanism of action of the best anti-Allergy drugs are the 4th generation on the human body is as follows:
- The inhibition of the formation of the superoxide radical;
- The inhibition of the production of mediators of allergic reactions (cytokines and chemokines);
- A sharp decline in the functions of adhesion molecules and reduction in their number;
- To prevent the release of leukocytes in the affected tissue histamine;
- The reduction of bronchial hyperresponsiveness patients (inhibition of cough reflex);
- Inhibition cells of histamines.
As a result, the patient on the background reduce the itching rashes and inflammatory reactions feel a persistent improvement and long-lasting therapeutic effect. In addition, all antihistamine drugs new generation, which are listed below, does not provoke such side effects as drowsiness, dry mucous membranes, decreased vision, etc. because of this, these medicines can be used long-term in chronic allergic pathologies.
Antihistamines for children
New antihistamines for children in most cases, you can apply from 1 year and older. And medicines for the little ones can be purchased in the form of a solution, drops or suspension. The best antihistamines for kids presented in a list:
- Desloratadine. For example to use for kids from 1 years. The smallest you can buy sweet syrup, and the patients older than ideal pill. The action of medication starts in half an hour after the first dose and stored for 24 hours. That is, for the effective treatment of allergies, a single (once a day) funds. Moreover, Desloratadine is completely non-toxic and has no effect on the Central nervous system of the baby. In pharmacies can you buy Desloratadine and under the trade names Aerius, Largestin or Allergist.
Important: sweet syrup banned in the case if a child has fructose intolerance.
- Fexofenadine. Shows for kids from 6 years. Like other medicines of the new generation, taking Fexofenadine once a day. While therapy can be performed for a long time (over a month) without the risk to have a negative impact on the Central nervous system and cardiovascular system of the patient. Analogues of such drugs in Russian pharmacies are Fixedin, Telfast or Fixfat.
- Xyzal. The drug can be given to kids from 2 years. For example in the treatment of seasonal allergies, and thus can be used for a long time. Shaking with rhinitis of allergic origin, urticaria, pruritus. The action of the active substances in the primary taking medication starts in 40 minutes and lasts for 24 hours. The tool can be purchased in pill form and in the form of droplets. Synonyms Xezal are Suprastinum and Levocetirizine.
- Cetirizine. This antihistamine 4th generation adds to the list due to the fact that it can be used for children under one year (from 6 months). The action of the active ingredient starts already at 20 minutes after the first application and long-lasting for almost 3 days. The drug has no effect on the Central nervous system of the baby or the heart. Buy drug can be in the form of drops, syrup or tablets. Analogues are drugs Cetirizine Zyrtec, this really Helps, and Zodak.
- Desal. The drug, which can be used in the treatment of children from 1 year old. The drug is so toxic that even in the case of exceeding the dose is 9 times does not provoke adverse reactions. The remedy actively suppresses the production of histamines and neutralize any manifestation of allergic reactions. Medication in any form (syrup and tablets) is taken once per day.
Important: the type of Preparata-antihistamine and dosage for treatment of children should be appointed a paediatrician after diagnosis. The independent use of any drugs is fraught with unexpected consequences. It should be remembered that antihistamines can give the children in suspension or droplets.
Antihistamines in pregnancy
Regardless of what a drug Allergy will be selected, and it is absolutely contraindicated to pregnant women in 1 trimester of pregnancy. On the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy the use of Allergy medicines should be approved only with a doctor’s permission and only under his close supervision.
Important: it is worth remembering that even the newest and best drugs do not insure against possible pathologies of fetus development. The same applies to the treatment of antihistamines in breastfeeding.
In 2 and 3 trimesters of pregnancy with care you can assign to the use of such antihistamines are:
- Fexofenadine (Hexopal). Strong enough antihistamine, which offers the fourth generation from the group of antihistamines. Means actively struggling with seasonal rhinitis and chronic urticaria. At the same time to drink the tablets can be 1 times a day, because the effect of the drug is delayed for 24 hours. The therapeutic effect occurs within an hour after taking one tablet.
- Levocetirizine. Tablets of the new generation of antihistamines. Rarely provoke adverse reactions and generally well tolerated. Sufficient to receive a pills a day that therapeutic effect was achieved. Levocetirizine is (Cetirizine) is actively fighting against all manifestations of allergic reactions.
- Claritin. The drug is actively neutralizes seasonal allergic reactions and struggles with rashes and itching. It should be noted that in clinical trials the means mutagennogo and teratogenic effects on the fetus was not detected. However, you should remember that taking any medications during pregnancy can give the unexpected effect. Moreover, it is important to understand that claritin is able to concentrate in breast milk at the same dose as in the blood plasma. Therefore, in the treatment of allergies in breastfeeding women baby need to translate to artificial feeding.
Every expectant mommy should be aware that when carrying a baby health care child is in the first place. Therefore to fight allergies better one of the popular methods. The appointment of any anti-Allergy medicines should only be performed by the attending physician and then only with clear predominance of the benefits to the mother of a clear threat to the health or life of the fetus. Only a specialist determines which is better assign method to combat allergies during gestation of the fetus.