Allergy in children on legs and rashes on the skin of the body
Allergy in children on legs and body: causes and treatment
The reactions varied – from runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, bouts of coughing to anaphylactic shock with the threat of suffocation. Allergy is body’s response to any stimulus, occurs in children of all ages. Parents noticing a rash in a child, just think about it, how to treat rash? The scheme of treatment depends on the causes that led to the pathological condition, and current symptoms.
- The types and causes of allergies in children
- Forms of allergic reaction
- Reasons depending on the localization
- Hormonal medications local application
- Other drugs
- Herbal medicine for allergies
The types and causes of allergies in children
Most often, an allergic rash in children occurs due to close contact with an irritant. Symptom of allergies is not only rash, but itching, burning, runny nose. The location of any.
Important: the younger the child, the more dangerous is allergic to his health.
The main allergens are: foods, drugs, house dust, insect bites, pollen, household tools.
Allergic rashes in children is of the following types:
- Food reaction may be a diathesis. Is dangerous in the absence of treatment of various pathologies of the digestive and gastrointestinal tract. Treatment is to eliminate the allergen and health diet;
- Drug reaction – the body’s immune response to interact with any medical drugs. Signs: skin rash, itching, a burning sensation, runny nose, swelling of tongue, lips or entire face. Need to identify medication provocateur, to exclude its application;
- Aeroallergen provoked by external factors, characterized by a high degree of allergenicity. These include pollen, animal dander, insect venom, mold. To determine the causes of need a passing laboratory tests. Depending on the etiology prescribed subsequent therapy.
Children with weak immune system susceptible to the influence of harmful factors. Often there is an interaction of several causes that leads to active secretion of histamine in the blood and a severe course of the disease.
Forms of allergic reaction
Looks like an allergic rash? Symptoms can manifest in different ways: rash, accompanied by severe itching and burning, red scaly patches, the appearance of vesicles with clear or cloudy contents. However, there are other changes on the skin.
The etiology of urticaria is based on food, drugs, household chemicals, cosmetics for care. Occurs due to frost, UV rays, insect bites, etc. factors.
On the skin children blisters that have a red or pink color. Spots over time the ability to swell, itch and itch. The rash does not stay in one place, constantly migrates. Redness can appear on the legs, head, inner thighs, on the face – cheeks, near the lips.
Atopic form of dermatitis seen in newborns, can disturb a child up to 3 years of age. Reasons acts as a combination of exposure to allergens and contributing factors – chronic disease, genetic predisposition.
To note, the dermatitis is chronic skin disease of exacerbation followed by periods of remission.
In young children dermatitis often displays on the face – forehead, cheeks, chin or knees. Is not excluded the appearance of the rash on other parts of the body – the hips, the handles.
Contact dermatitis develops at the place where the contact with the allergen. Symptoms similar to an allergic reaction. The exception of contact with an irritant eliminates disturbing symptoms. Often seen in infants on the hips, the arms, the back, in the armpit.
A chronic disease manifested by skin rash in children of different shapes and colors. In medical practice there are three types – seborrheic microbial and true eczema. Initially there are signs on the face, and then allergies on the feet of the child.
An allergic reaction can be provoked by the irritant washing powder, food, medicine, etc.
Reasons depending on the localization
Visually you can determine the pathology of the baby in accordance with the nature of the lesions and location. However, the final diagnosis should be put only doctor after physical examination. He will explain how to treat pathological manifestations.
The probable reasons depending on the location of the rash:
- Face. If you face irritation, redness, swelling, itching, which are accompanied by sneezing, a runny nose is an Allergy. It can be caused by food, insect bites, chemicals;
- Ears. Staining indicates the development of dermatitis, an incorrect hygiene of the child, seborrhea or candidiasis;
- Back. In most cases, a rash similar to a burn from a nettle, always very itchy and itchy. So allergies to foods or synthetic clothing;
- Neck. Spots on the neck indicate the sweating sickness. Proper care, hygiene measures solve the problem.
- Chest. In the presence of lesions in this region involve infectious diseases – rubella, varicella (as pictured), scarlet fever. It is not excluded that is so evident contact dermatitis;
- The arms and legs. Redness on the extremities indicates an allergic reaction. Stains can be separate from each other or merge.
Tip: if rashes on the thighs are in the shape of stars, accompanied by an increase in temperature, it is necessary to call an ambulance. Such symptoms characteristic of meningitis.
Depending on the etiology of the occurrence of pathological elements of the skin, recommended drugs topical and intravenous administration. To treat hives in a child can be home, but schema therapy is appointed only the doctor.
Recommended for acute allergies, as well as prevention of relapse. Child prescribe medications that do not have a sedative effect – not cause drowsiness, lethargy and apathy, lethargy. Usually are drugs of second and third generation.
Young children are often prescribed drops or syrups for internal use. The older child can be given the pills.
Hormonal medications local application
Assigned only with extensive lesions of the skin. Hormonal substances contained in the creams and ointments, effectively relieve rashes and itching. Improvement was observed after 2-3 use.
Important: drugs with hormones can be addictive, and provoke dangerous adverse reactions and allergies.
Drugs of the first class:
- Ointment Prednisone. Indications: mild dermatitis. Used on all parts of the skin. Contraindication to 2 years of age;
- Cream Hydrocortisone. Testimony similar. Prescribed 6 months.
In the absence of a therapeutic effect due to the use of drugs of the first class, appoint 2 or 3 generation.
Medications non-hormonal properties have antiseptic and moisturizing effect, provides a regenerative effect. Children designate Gitan, Bepanten, Solkoseril, Panthoderm. If the joined by secondary infectious process, recommend antibacterial and antifungal agents. Used only on the testimony of a small period of time.
When the cause of the rash is a parasitic disease, prescribe de-worming medication; when intoxication is required chelators (activated carbon).
Herbal medicine for allergies
Baths and compresses on the basis of medicinal plants help fight itching, rash, burning, and other skin manifestations. They help to eliminate only the result, but does not affect the causes of the pathological state.
Recipes from the allergic reactions:
The use of traditional medicines definitely need to be discussed with the doctor. The child’s body can respond to unpredictable symptoms will increase, which will only aggravate the picture of the disease.
Baby rashes are of different nature. In some situations, treatment is not required, in other cases it is necessary to take medication and use hormone medications. The main thing – to attend to her child at the slightest skin manifestations should consult a medical specialist.