A birthmark in the newborn: causes of nevus
Causes of birthmarks in newborns
Birthmarks in newborns, as all other categories of people, have a dark color and come in different shapes, sizes. To receive such education may well on the face, on the limbs, on the back of almost any part of the body. Sometimes they are practically invisible, and sometimes occupy a large part of the body of the child. In essence, birthmarks in newborns are considered a cosmetic defect that does not require in most cases medical intervention. Many parents wonder: «Where are the birthmarks in newborns?» Therefore it is necessary to consider the causes of moles and their types for the disclosure of this issue.
- Causes of
- The types of birthmarks in newborns
- How to treat birthmarks newborn?
Why do I have birthmarks in newborns, the world of science there is no definitive answer, but there are several opinions. According to the assumptions of many scientists, the causes of birthmarks in newborns can be the following factors:
- Hormonal fluctuations in the mother during pregnancy;
- The influence of different external stimuli, which include radiation exposure, climate change, toxic chemicals and so on;
- Infections of the genitourinary system.
If during pregnancy there was no stress, the hormonal background was quite stable and there was no contributory external factors, expect a newborns skin lesions are not worth it. With full confidence, not one doctor will not say that in the absence of all the above factors birthmark in the newborn does not appear. Also, there are many folk superstitions to explain the causes of birthmarks in children, up to the description of shape and color education, but no scientific evidence they do not have.
Birthmarks on babies are called hemangiomas. The child is not born with such entities on the skin, they appear in the first days or weeks after birth. They represent the number one spot of various sizes or a small rash. According to recent statistics, most often to the appearance of hemangiomas in infancy tend children with fair skin, and girls such education is observed 4 times more often. Another factor that increases the probability of occurrence of birthmarks in newborns can be called a premature birth.
Important! Many doctors believe that the appearance of such spots is a consequence of the imbalance that occurred during the formation of the circulatory system of the child.
In most cases for the first six months after birth, birthmarks in children alone disappear. However, this process can last for years. Basically, these formations on the skin is absolutely painless for the baby and no worries he is not called and only in those rare cases when hemangiomas have an impact on the respiratory system, vision or other important systems of the body, may require medical assistance to remove them.
The types of birthmarks in newborns
Upon detection of a birthmark from a baby, you should consult with your doctor. With it you can easily determine the type of stain and observe what is happening with him with the growth of the child changes. Birthmarks are usually divided into:
- Capillary hemangiomas. The most common, the people call them «angel kisses». Often appear on the forehead, nose, upper lip and eyelids. These formations are mainly to 6 years, but appeared on the back of the head may remain for a lifetime. The color of these hemangiomas Burgundy, sizes are different.
- Conventional hemangiomas. Appear in children a few days after birth. Color may vary from brown to pink. Health risks they carry, but sometimes when pressing on them could be painful.
- Stellate angioma. In appearance such formations resemble a star. Often appear on the face and neck, for the year are themselves. Have a bright red color, and their size rarely exceed 5 cm in diameter.
- Tuberous-cavernous hemangioma. Also called «cavernous hemangiomas». Imagine a loose formation of red colour sometimes with a bluish tint. Usually appear after about a month and a half with the birth and with the passage of time. Tend to increase in size, their boundaries are often blurred. The first six months are considerably enlarged, and over the next six months slow its growth. Can cause pain, when pressing on them a noticeable ripple in.
- Strawberry hemangiomas. Represent the convex formation of red-Burgundy color. Occur on various parts of the body. In the majority of cases appear during the first two months of a child’s life. As the name implies, the size, shape and color of the education is reminiscent of the famous berry. Initially, the spot grows over time, turn white, and eventually disappears.
- Dysplastic nevi. Represent the volume of the moles, the color of which varies from pink to brown. In size they reach 1 cm, than well stand out from the ordinary moles.
- Pigmented nevi. It is light-brown education of various forms. Often not exceed 10 cm, but sometimes there are larger sizes, thus covering, for example, cheeks or buttocks.
- Wine nevi. Red Burgundy colour with no bumps. Often appear on the head of children. Are quite common.
Melanocytic nevi. There are several varieties, all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors.
Approximately 1 of 10 newborns, shortly after birth spots appear strawberry color, they are called «strawberry hemangioma». They often disappear in children to 8 years. A rare species is considered «cavernous hemangioma», which can greatly increase in size during the first year of life. This education goes deep into the layers of skin and has no clear boundaries. In half of the cases it disappears by itself after a maximum of 12 years.
Another type of increasing the concentration of pigment cells in a particular location are spots on the neck or face of a newborn, called «nevus simple». These formations have homogeneous structure and does not protrude above the skin. Over time these spots become lighter and eventually disappear completely, they can only occur during crying and screaming. There is also the «flaming nevus», which is a coffee stain color, such education often remains for life.
In the neck of newborns can often be found red spots. These are called telangiectasia and represent vague spots of irregular shape, towering above the skin. The irritation of the child, they become brighter. Their appearance is caused by expansion of the remaining elements of rudimentary embryonic blood vessels, these spots alone disappear for a year and a half without medical intervention.
How to treat birthmarks newborn?
So what can you expect when children are born with birthmarks? Parents should not be afraid, find your child’s birthmark. To watch him you can just circle it on the worksheet and monitor the shape change. If new symptoms should regularly consult with your pediatrician, who will determine and prescribe treatment if necessary. To remove birthmarks in infants in our days there are many ways, but is not always necessary to resort to extreme measures, because education often resolves by itself.
There are several standard ways to avoid worsening of the condition of the formations on the skin of newborns, here are the main ones:
- To prevent contact with skin of a child, especially directly on the nevus, direct sunlight. So that a long stay of the newborn in the sun is ruled out, and the place of education on the skin is better to cover with clothing;
- To prevent irritation of the skin at the site with a nevus. As external stimuli may act as the clothing itself, and some physical processes: carding, tearing and the like;
- Avoid contact with locations of moles of different acids and alkalis. The chemicals are extremely harmful, and in the case of contact education the effect may be aggravated several times.
Redness birthmarks usually happens when it is injured. In some cases, this can have serious consequences, so you should consult a doctor. Also sometimes benign neoplasm of the skin under the influence of external factors able to transform into malignant. To dangerous symptoms indicating malignant entities include:
- The appearance on newuse dark places or change the colors around him;
- Changing color of borders education;
- The appearance of a hemangioma on the cover.
Important! The reason for the color change is most frequently a violation of the integrity of blood vessels. Color education will be the same after eliminating the cause.
Like all changes in a child’s body, birthmarks in newborns require attention from parents and medical supervision. With proper treatment no complications in the development of the young organism they create.