Dry corn: why it occurs, treatments, and removal education
When human skin for a long period of time under great pressure or constant friction, it begins to «defend themselves». She has to hold on its surface, the dead cells on the surface, not allowing them to otkluchitsa – then the chance that the deeper layers where blood vessels and nerves, are the immunoglobulins and other beneficial substances less affected by traumatic exposure. And there dry corn. On the feet, which not only bear the weight of the whole body, but when placed in uncomfortable shoes, it happens more often than the arms. To get rid of excess sections of keratinization can be, applying continuous effort.
Why do I get dry corn
To understand what a dry corn what it is, and what measures need to be taken to take it out for a short time, consider the structure of the skin and causes of motolinia.
What is skin?
The skin or epithelial tissue is the longest on. He first meets the conditions of the external environment, and significantly reduces or even suppresses stressors. Protective properties due to the layered structure of skin tissue.
The so-called external layer, whose name means «above the dermis». In its structure it resembles a brick wall of 5 layers. Below are the cells that give rise to the other layers, while the latter becomes a series of dead plates possess high strength due to the protein keratin. The greater the load experienced by the skin, the thicker this last layer.
If the epidermis can be compared with several rows of «bricks», then the structure of the dermis is described as «water-spring mattress». It consists of:
- different cells: forming the other dermal structures, destroying penetrated through the epidermis microbes involved in inflammatory reactions;
- extracellular matrix – a gel-like substance that provides the skin the ability to straighten up after picking up her pleated’t be damaged when bending joint;
- sebaceous and sweat glands;
- of the hair follicles;
- nerve terminals and special structures associated with nerves that respond to pressure, vibration, cold or heat.
How is actinic
As you age the epidermal cells become higher, parting with its structure (the older the person, the longer this process). They accumulate first substance lanolin, then it turns into keratin. After 28 days the young people, or 72 days individuals 40 years and older top, Horny layer of skin flakes off. Along with the flakes away dirt, salt, ammonia and other substances that were on the surface, is excreted in sweat.
It is a local thickening of the skin, caused by his frequent mechanical irritation. It occurs usually over the joints; often dry the blisters formed on the toes, in the places of friction.
Outside of such formations are covered with a large number of dead cells – corneocytes, which do not have time to pull away. In medicine this phenomenon is called hyperkeratosis.
Inside the layers of dead flakes is a cone-shaped «core», aimed the tip down into the deeper layers. If the cone has sufficient length and chondroid density, education is called «corn bar». There it or around the remaining in the skin foreign bodies (splinters, sand grains, small fragments), or wet corn («dropsy»). Hyperkeratosis axial center are also a symptom of HPV or fungal infection.
When the top of the «bar» reaches the nerve endings, corn becomes extremely painful.
Favorite places rod of corns:
- between the ring and little finger on the foot;
- between the 1st and 2nd toes;
- on the pads under the toes;
- in the middle of the heels.
On the palms of such education are almost absent. To get rid of dry calluses «with the rod» is much more difficult. The best option is the removal of formations with a laser.
Who is more susceptible to the formation of dry corn
A long established, from which there are similar areas of excess keratinization. It is the performance of work related to the pressure and friction of certain skin areas:
- on the handle hand-held working tool;
- about sports equipment;
- about musical instruments;
- pathology, leading to deformation of the foot (arthrosis, arthritis);
- when untrained people or who are overweight are forced to walk for a long time;
- wearing shoes, wearing loose socks, which will form it folds;
- uncomfortable shoes. In this and the three previous cases, dry callus forms on the foot.
Sometimes corns are not only a cosmetic defect, but also the first sign that their owner is suffering from diseases such as:
- Diabetes. Treatment of dry corn in this pathology only local means, without correction of the glucose level is useless.
- Vascular disease of the lower extremities, in which impaired nutrition of the tissues of the foot. Is atherosclerosis, varicose veins, obliterating endarteritis.
- Low amounts of vitamins A or E in the body. This leads to dryness of the skin, reduction in resistance of the skin to various infections.
- Fungal infection. The entire skin of the feet becomes dry, and the area on the heels or in the transverse arch of the foot becomes red, thickened and cracked. The main remedy for dry calluses here – local antifungal medication.
The area of rough skin without the rod inside has the kind of education with clear boundaries, rounded shape. Outline color – yellow, there can be little redness. To touch the corn is particularly dry skin, when pressure is painless.
Rod corn looks like:
- rounded area of rough skin resembling the pileus;
- yellowish or whitish color;
- painful when pressed;
- in the middle is the crust when you remove the light which reveals the deepening of higher density.
What to do with the development of dry corn? Be sure to treat because experienced when walking or pain you begin to place your foot or place the hand on working tool incorrectly. This will lead to a change in the axis of the joint, which can result in arthrosis or arthritis.
Removing dry calluses with a core commitment, as they often crack in these «gaps» include pathogens, infecting them and getting an opportunity to be absorbed into the bloodstream and cause the infection.
The treatment is painless formations
Cure dry corn, which has recently appeared, has no core, not cracked and not infected, it’s easy. To do this:
1. Be surveyed and subject to the conditions, which lead to the permanent education giperkineticeskih sites. This is done in collaboration with four experts:
- endocrinologist (he excludes in the first place, diabetes);
- vascular surgeon: this doctor will examine the condition of the vessels in the feet and hands;
- a neurologist, who can prescribe an appropriate treatment if the areas of hyperkeratosis occur due to pathology of the nerve fibers to the extremities;
- a dermatologist, who will appoint the screening for HPV and fungal infections.
2. Conduct hygiene: asprivate feet in soap-soda solution, after treat rough areas with a pumice stone, foot scrub. On clean and dry feet, apply a rich cream. It may be baby cream with D-panthenol ointment Bepanten or your home-made mixture of baby oil and oil of vitamin A in a ratio of 1:1.
3. Change the shoes in comfortable, appropriate for the weather and purpose. It should be seamless inside with arch support, wide back, pretty wide toe box and heel 3-4 cm
Tactics removal painful and the core formations
Consider how to get rid of dry calluses from the core, with cracks and those that cause pain when walking. First and foremost, you need to perform all the steps in the previous algorithm.
Treatment at home is used in the following cases:
- Uninfected (i.e., not red, not become cyanotic, without purulent or sukrovichnye detachable) dry corn.
- Those are not caused by fungus.
- The cause of which is not HPV.
It is to perform two main actions: the decoupling of the portion of the callosity and drawing on his local assets (or people’s pharmacy) that will exfoliate the excess amounts of dead skin cells. If these means prove ineffective, and when fungal or HPV the nature of the dry calluses should be performed operation on removal of the defects.
They need to soften the treated areas. Must be performed according to the following rules:
- Not to be too hot (up to 45°C).
- Exposure time – 15-20 minutes, to cool water.
- The volume of the bath is about 5 liters of water. You can add:
— 2 tbsp grated soap, along with 10 tsp.
— decoction of chamomile, St. John’s wort, celandine;
— 4 tbsp of sea salt, can be combined with 1 liter of milk, whey or cream, if the skin is very dry;
— 3-4 tbsp of starch;
— a few crystals of potassium permanganate, the solution is slightly pink – if there is severe dryness of the skin.
After baths skin wiped dry, is treated with a pumice stone or nail file. Next, she applied the oily cream, ointment for dry corn (about it – below), or other keratolytic remedy pharmacy or national origin. After a time it will also need to wash and apply on the treated area fatty cream.
How to remove dry corn? You need to apply for her means destroying the connection between the «extra» layers of dead skin flakes. It can be:
- Drugs with salicylic acid. For example, salicylic ointment or plaster «Sliped». They are applied in the form of an ointment or patch on steam, but towel-dried skin, produces a peeling effect, destroying the connection between the array of dead skin cells, sloughing them. At the same action based Nemasole cream. Salicylate in its composition softens and helps the separation of the corns, sulfur also has antiseptic and antifungal action, heals wounds and cracks on the areas of hyperkeratosis.
- Remedies based on hydrocolloids. This patch of Compeed. Made of silicone, it creates a zone of motolinia a moist environment, while working with an array of corneocytes inside salicylic acid. The Compeed patches are available in a variety of shapes that are easy to glue to the interdigital spaces or the heel. They do not need to remove until they do not stick out.
- The gels based on trichloroacetic acid. For example, Wartner gel. It is available in a easy to use pen applicator.
- Means on the basis of the refrigerant, for example, Kriofarma. Horny particles are removed due to power termination of the surface area of the skin that initially looks like a blister, which then disappears.
- Preparations based on phenol cauterizes the area of hyperkeratosis.
- Remedies based on natural ingredients. For instance, celandine (Superkitten, Papilles). The formulations are applied only on corn, avoiding the healthy skin, not rubbed. Is usually enough for 5-7 days to bring corn celandine.
- The combined funds. They contain chemical and natural keratolytic components.
In folk medicine, the following recipes:
- A few drops of juice of celandine, pre-washed, applied to the pathological area.
- Onion paste applied on the corn, covered with polyethylene, is fixed by the patch for 20-30 minutes.
- You can make a pancake made from grated potatoes, tying up it with a bandage, leaving for the night.
- Cut a piece of aloe, which applied to corn for 24 hours.
- Propolis is superimposed directly on the corn, top fixed with a patch.
The main methods of treatment performed by a specialist, is removing the pathology laser, electric current or liquid nitrogen, medical pedicure.
- Laser removal of dry corn are shown in viral and fungal infections, infected corns and rod. The laser beam vaporizes painless and bloodless dead tissue, making it usually for 1 session.
- Removal with liquid nitrogen applied with a small giperkineticeskih areas (for example, on the finger), as the depth of exposure to cold is difficult to predict, unlike laser. Following cryotherapy occurs moist necrosis (blister) that heals slower than after laser treatment. You may need a repeat session of cryodestruction.
- Electrocoagulation is used less frequently than the first two treatments. After this removal of corn remains dry crust.
- A medical pedicure, who is a doctor-a podiatrist or a dermatologist. Read more about the procedure, read the article «the Characteristics of medical pedicure».