How to lower cholesterol: how to lower how to reduce to normal, as to remove from the body
Cholesterol is one of the most important elements in the human body. Without this substance the impossible synthesis of vitamins, hormones and the complete process of metabolism. But high cholesterol is a violation of the proper functioning of the organs and systems in the body and as a result, the imbalance leads to pathological processes. Normal levels of cholesterol in the blood is easy to control, knowing that due to some biological processes and for the products he raises. How to lower your cholesterol will be discussed in this article.
A basic understanding of the cholesterol
Cholesterol is a soft, waxy compound of organic origin. Lipophilic alcohol contained in the cell membranes, provides a tight biological layer and their resistance to a wide temperature interval. A large proportion of a lipophilic alcohol, about 75-80% is produced by the body itself — the so-called endogenous cholesterol, it is synthesized in the liver, kidney, adrenal gland, intestine, gonads. And only 20-25% is absorbed from food and is called exogenous cholesterol.
Cholesterol is divided into «good» and «bad» and characterizes its density. With «good» everything is very clear — when a fatlike substance is in the normal range. «Bad» is one that deposited on the walls of arteries, forming «plaques».
To the «bad» cholesterol include VLDL and LDL.
Lipoproteins, which are essentially a combination of fats (lipids) and proteins, the density can be divided into groups:
- Chylomicrons (HM) is the largest lipoproteins, they appear in the blood only in case of violation of lipid metabolism.
- VLDL — very low density lipoproteins, they contain more than 45% of cholesterol, and the diameter is in the range of 21-70 mmkm.
- LDL — low density lipoproteins, they comprise 40% of cholesterol, and it is the transport form in the blood stream, and the value is in the range of 19-20 mmkm.
- HDL — high density lipoproteins, their number is 20% cholesterol, and the volume is 8-10 mmkm.
Dietary cholesterol travels to the liver with chylomicrons. To do this, it interacts with the protein in the blood, these compounds subsequently dissolve easily in the blood stream. In this way transports cholesterol throughout the body to perform its tasks.
The purpose of cholesterol
Part of the brain, namely about 8% of its mass consists of cholesterol. It directly affects the improvement of intellectual abilities. Because it takes part in the development of new neurons synapses reactivity of the nervous processes. Low density lipoproteins are able to get rid of various aggressive agents penetrating into the bloodstream.
Useful functions of cholesterol:
So before you begin to reduce cholesterol it is necessary to consider its important impact on many processes in the body. Diet without this waxy substance is very harmful for the male population and female. First and foremost, its reduction affects the genital area in the form of dysfunctions. It is difficult to overestimate the importance of a lipophilic alcohol. But what to do with high cholesterol.
First you need to know your individual dosage of lipid substances, according to age and sex. And then to be taken for the removal of cholesterol from the body. But before you get rid of cholesterol, you need to keep in mind that for the body are equally necessary as «good» and «bad» cholesterol. If the importance of «good» no doubt, it is assumed that «bad» is better immediately to withdraw. This wrong judgment as «bad», that is, low cholesterol is also required for the body. Oddly enough, low-density lipoproteins inhibit the development of cancer and in the values not exceeding the norms are useful to humans.
Rate of cholesterol
Normal total cholesterol level throughout the body is approximately 300 grams. Of these, 12% is in the blood stream and the rest mass, i.e. 90%, are distributed in the soft tissues. The cholesterol content in the blood usually has the distinctive figures depending on gender and age. Observed pattern that the older person is becoming increasingly high cholesterol.
|Very low density||0,40–0,65 mmol/l||0,39–0,50 mmol/l|
|Low density||2,30–5,30 mmol/l||2,00–of 4.90 mmol/l|
|High density||0.77–a of 1.80 mmol/l||0,77–2,19 mmol/l|
The normal total cholesterol are among the middle age of both sexes from 3.2 to 5.2 mmol/L. the Concentration of total cholesterol in the blood consists of «good» and «bad». If blood testing reveals even a slight excess of the norm, it is alarming and an urgent need to take measures to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood to normal. Useful to learn how to lower cholesterol in the blood.
Ways to reduce high cholesterol
Consider effective methods how to reduce cholesterol in the blood. If its performance is not critical, and there are no serious consequences associated with high level. Then you can reduce it without using medication.
High cholesterol can be overcome:
- Traditional methods.
- With the help of diet.
- By means of medicine.
The fight against excess cholesterol to be particularly successful in combination therapy. All of the above treatments available to combine or alternate. Look at how you can lower cholesterol in various ways, ranging from natural remedies, ending medical drugs.
Reduce cholesterol folk ways
What to do if you cholesterol people who do not consume drugs? It remains to rely only on the gifts of nature and other non-medicinal methods of health recovery. How to lower cholesterol quickly with the help of folk therapy healing infusions and decoctions from herbs?
Some recipes of traditional medicine for lowering cholesterol:
- Flax seeds — a first-class facility that will not only improve the overall health and condition of almost all organs. But along the way will help to remove fatty accumulations in the blood system. To take ground in a coffee grinder or a mortar and flax seeds have on an empty stomach 1 tablespoon, drinking a glass of cold water. A course lasting three to four months or until a noticeable improvement in well-being. If necessary, either to prevent a repetition of the course. In addition, this valuable product as the flax seeds you can enter in the constant diet as a source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, alpha-linolenic acid and many other useful minerals.
- A mix of lemons, garlic and honey is another universal way, reducing the level of lipophilic alcohol. For the preparation you will need one kilogram of lemons, two or three of garlic (heads) and 150-200 grams of honey. All the ingredients chop, mix, lay in a glass container and store in a cool place. To be taken before each meal 1-2 tbsp. The course of treatment until full recovery and normal blood test results. Removing excess cholesterol, the lemon-garlic mixture with honey can cleanse the circulatory system and in addition also to supply the body with an abundance of valuable vitamins and minerals, and simultaneously to raise the General protective forces of an organism.
- Linden flower is another proven, a good way leading out extra cholesterol, reduces spasms of blood vessels, reducing the risk of atherosclerosis. To obtain a tablespoon of dry raw material zaparivajut boiling water and infused for a quarter of an hour and the broth is ready. To enhance the taste and medicinal properties in tea, add honey. Linden is not a standalone treatment, it is used in complex therapy as an additional component that increases the effectiveness of treatment.
Cholesterol lowering herbal need to take into account individual intolerance to the plants, which are used for this purpose. The rest of his normalization with the use of herbal drugs devoid of contraindications subject to the dosage indicated in the instructions on the package. Treatment folk methods aimed not only at lowering the lipophilic substances, but also on the cleansing of vessels from cholesterol plaques.
Reducing cholesterol through diet
We will understand how to bring cholesterol from the body through diet. To reduce the level of the waxy substance in the bloodstream and tissues, it is necessary to take into account the specifics of its formation. Regarding the production of cholesterol in the body have one feature — the synthesis of this substance in the liver exposed to inverse proportion of its quantity produced foods. That is, the lower the fat comes from food, the more aktiviziruyutsya the synthesis of endogenous cholesterol.
For this reason, it is better not to eliminate all foods containing moderately lipophilic substance. But to use them to normalize his level. The «bad» cholesterol contained in animal fats, their use is best to minimize or completely replaced with vegetable oils.
As well as foods containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (fatty marine fish), monounsaturated fats (nuts).
How to normalize cholesterol with food? Reduce cholesterol levels easy to achieve, if consumed daily food, rich in fiber and pectin. Very effective to drink fresh juices from oranges, grapputo, pineapple with the addition of lemon nectar. Excrete cholesterol will help Apple, berry, beet and carrot juices. Successful reduction of cholesterol levels is due green tea. He was also able to simultaneously increase the useful lipophilic substance. Drinking green tea should be no more than two cups a day without sugar, permitted sweeten only with honey.
Exercise for lowering cholesterol
How to lower cholesterol through exercise? Medical scientists found that even minor systematic physical activity can remove harmful cholesterol and increase beneficial. The excretion of blood excess fat-like substances happens if only 30 minutes a day to devote to physical exercise. Already 2 days to really feel the first positive results, and continuing to do it constantly, you may notice as the harmful cholesterol that is low density, will decline, while useful, namely a high density to rise.
How to deal with cholesterol with a daily charge:
- Ideal for medium intensity activities.
- The pulse should be in the range of from 100 to 130 beats per minute.
- Be sure to hold classes outdoors or to provide a sufficient supply of oxygen in the room.
- Exercises should be conducted in a comfortable, not constraining clothes, an hour before meals and 1-1. 5 after a meal.
- Not all people shown from half-hour lessons. If you have a heart problem, it is advisable to start physical activity with Hiking in the fresh air. Then gradually you can attach a simple exercise.
Complex training methods that increase the level of useful lipophilic substances, is allowed to choose at their own discretion, it is important to include exercises for all muscle groups. As a basis we can take a selection of movements from the morning exercises. It usually consists of stretching exercises, neck, shoulder girdle, torso, hip, calf muscles, squats, jumping. Diversity of a set of exercises for individual training movements, and a figure to put in order, and greatly to succeed in normalising cholesterol.
Medical treatment of excess cholesterol
Pathology related to the lack or excess of lipophilic substances are often no symptoms, until the emergence of the already obvious problems with the cardiovascular system. High cholesterol is also evidenced by the obesity. Therefore, the physicians of all countries are recommended to periodically carry out a blood test for cholesterol and, if necessary, to undergo medical treatment.
This is especially true of people who are at risk.
To persons who are required to check cholesterol levels include:
- Citizens suffering from cardiovascular pathologies.
- Persons who are overweight.
- The person who took alcohol.
- People who are fond of fat meat food and cooking with the use of animal fats, lovers of fast foods, retail confectionery, ice cream in large quantities.
What to do when discovered a significant violation of the lipophilic alcohol, and how to get rid of the pathologies associated with high cholesterol? With a dramatic increase of cholesterol will need medication in the following list:
- Statins, prevents the production of enzymes that are involved in the formulation of a lipophilic alcohol.
- Medication interacting with bile acid.
- Fibroeva acid.
How to treat high cholesterol drugs will be able to advise only by a qualified doctor. As a fatlike substance directly affects the heart and blood vessels, a self to do the impossible. The consequences can be very serious in the form of heart attacks and strokes, atherosclerosis, cerebral hemorrhage and other pathologies. For this reason, require an individual approach to each patient and individual dose assigned to the drug to larger and quickly reduce cholesterol.